Fibaro Keyfob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Keyfob

The new Fibaro Keyfob is now available (at least in Europe).
    https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/keyfob/

Anyone tried it? I have one, but got error when included (both non-secure/secure) so not sure if it is possible to use it.

Did you get it working?

Comment

Havn't tried anymore yet since the battery already seems to be dead. But did at least update to the latest beta of the Z-wave-plugin now.

Comment

Exluded and reincluded (non-secure) and now it works
        Attached Files
        Last edited by HaPe; March 7, 2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaPe View Post
          It seems to me that the combination HS3 and Fibaro Zwave Plus devices has an issue with the Z-Wave network Security Mode with AES-128encryption as I was also not able to include the Z-Wave Plus wall plug securely.

Anyone the same experiences?
          ----
          John

Comment

Originally posted by HaPe View Post
            Thank you for testing it.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
            It seems to me that the combination HS3 and Fibaro Zwave Plus devices has an issue with the Z-Wave network Security Mode with AES-128encryption as I was also not able to include the Z-Wave Plus wall plug securely.

----
            John
            Can't say that I have. I've just paired the Fibaro Button and it works. The manual does state this:

'Adding in Security Mode must be per- formed up to 2 meters from the controller.'

Could this be the issue with your device?

Comment

Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post
              Thank you for testing it.

Can't say that I have. I've just paired the Fibaro Button and it works. The manual does state this:

'Adding in Security Mode must be per- formed up to 2 meters from the controller.'

Could this be the issue with your device?
              That could be the case (of course I did not read the whole manual). I will try it later this week. The wall plugs functions correctly so there is no urgent need to add it secure.

---
              John

Comment

Similar pairing/security issue with TZ88E

HS3 3.0.0.312
                ZWave 3.0.1.102
                Z-Stick (gen4)

Included the TZ88E, it included and is listed, but is of no use, It seems the HS 'Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key'

Paired right next to each other, approximately a foot away

John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

----
                  John
                  Doesn't seem to be a general issue with Fibaro Gen5 devices. I have a Fibaro "The Button" added securely with no issues.

Cheers,
                  Alex

Comment

Also got it in AUS. I have it included but am still trying to figure out how it works

I have the switches registering clicks. But I would like the keyfob to operate as a one touch dimmer. Exactly like the fibaro wall switch dimmers would work.

I am unsure how to make it a single click on and off plus dim if held down. It says it is possible but obviously this is homeseer. I'm sure theres a work around.

Possibly in the associations. Only thing is it wont open settings or associations.

I have added it with node non secure. Anyone have any ideas.
                    Last edited by shirec; May 8, 2017, 05:05 AM. Reason: Because homeseer is **** and I have more problems than expected

Comment

Still have not got it working.

I have the device added. Unfortunatly it is almost impossible to even use for even a single on / off command. Every time a button is pressed it will keep that command running. So you can not press the same button twice. I have no idea how to get it working. Does Homeseer provide refunds?

Comment

Originally posted by shirec View Post
                        I have the device added. Unfortunatly it is almost impossible to even use for even a single on / off command. Every time a button is pressed it will keep that command running. So you can not press the same button twice. I have no idea how to get it working. Does Homeseer provide refunds?
                        While I agree that HS needs an "If a device has just changed and the value is now X" option in events, what you describe is not a problem with the remote.

The situation is the same with for instance the ZRC-90 remotes. And it is easy to handle in scripting.

Here is a (dirty and ugly) snippet which lets a single click on a remote change between four different dim levels. Long press on the same button turns the light off regardless of dim level. 568 is my remote. 579 is my light. One needs to find out which central scene commands the device sends but that is easy. My ZRC sends

x000 for click, x001 for release, x002 long press, x003 for double click. X is the number of the button (1-8)

Yes the script should be parameterised... but this works for now.

If one use this with the event trigger "just had its value set or changed." it works well enough.

Code:
                        Public Sub Main(ByVal theDevice As String)

Dim devValue As Integer
                                Dim centralSceneValue As String

''

'' Get the Device Status

devValue = hs.DeviceValue(theDevice)

centralSceneValue = hs.DeviceValue(568)

If centralSceneValue = "1002" Then
                                    Dim cc As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(579, True, "(value)%", False, False)
                                    cc.ControlValue = 0
                                    Dim cr As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse = hs.CAPIControlHandler(cc)

End If

If centralSceneValue = "1000" Then

'' Toggle it
                                    Select Case devValue
                                        Case Is < 99
                                            devValue = devValue + 25
                                            If devValue > 99 Then
                                                devValue = 99
                                            End If
                                            Dim cc As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(579, True, "(value)%", False, False)
                                            cc.ControlValue = devValue

Case Is = 99
                                            cc.ControlValue = 0

End Select
                                End If

If centralSceneValue = "1002" Then
                                    cc.ControlValue = 0
                                End If

End Sub

Comment

Update

Still, haven't managed to get a dim function working but it turns out it's not too big of a deal. I have solved my other problems without a script just using events and virtual switches. The reason why it was not registering the second key stroke is because I was using the wrong parameter. I was using "changes and becomes" instead of "had its value set to"
                          This sorted all my other problems out. Now I can use a single button as a play/pause/stop button for XBMC. Also, volume controls for an amplifier. All off command for lights and a few other little things here and there.
                          Once I got the basics worked out everything other than dimming a light up and down becomes easy. I don't like the idea of only having 4 specific levels of dimming as it becomes too convoluted. I can make do with this tho.
                          I am surprised at how responsive the control is. It is near instantaneous to control XBMC and other lights. Worth the purchase in the end.
                          Also on a side not I had another big win with dimming lights in the house and having no issues. I found downlights with transformers that had voltages between 18-22v on the output side and cut out the transformer completely and began using the Fibaro RGBW PWM dimmer. It can control 4 separate banks of lights and have 4 separate momentary switches. It is also fail-safe if Homeseer crashes. The best part is it has a full range of dimming. Even down to 1%. Also, fixes ripple tone issues. A big problem for dimmers in my area.

Comment

Working...
                          X