No announcement yet.

Error downloading plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did but have had no reply. Let me see what I can do.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Inertia!

I joined homeseer in 2001 and at that time the community was extraordinarily active and supportive.
      These last 5 years I have been away because I did not want to face the costs of time and money associated with the change from hs2 to hs3 ...
      I now realize that everything is apparently worse....
      Why so much inertia to solve such a simple question?

Comment

Originally posted by ANTOLIVEIRA View Post
        I joined homeseer in 2001 and at that time the community was extraordinarily active and supportive.
        These last 5 years I have been away because I did not want to face the costs of time and money associated with the change from hs2 to hs3 ...
        I now realize that everything is apparently worse....
        Why so much inertia to solve such a simple question?
        Sorry I must have missed your post. I see no reson not to just use a powered hub in your setup but if I was you I would get 2 Ethernet shields and add them to your network.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

The phrase was not addressed to you
          I was wondering why they take so long to put the link to download the plugin

Concerning my question:Sorry my question is poorly worded ..
          Yes, I was thinking of connecting the arduinos with a usb powered hub and devices that need a serial connection with a 1usb to 4 serial adapter based on the FTDI chip.
          Regarding the ethernet shields you are referring to the w5100 correct?

Thanks
          Antonio

Comment

I've just stuck my toe into Arduino and it looks very promising. Sure would be nice to get the plugin, sketches, and libraries. Just looked in the manage plugins tab and I can't find the plugin.

Is there a place I can at least look at the sketches to get a sense of what framework I will be dealing with?

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
              I've just stuck my toe into Arduino and it looks very promising. Sure would be nice to get the plugin, sketches, and libraries. Just looked in the manage plugins tab and I can't find the plugin.

Is there a place I can at least look at the sketches to get a sense of what framework I will be dealing with?
              Posts number 5 and 11 above have the updater_override.txt and program .zip files.You can install with those.

Just put the updater_override.txt file in HomeSeer root and the zip file in updates3\zips and you can install it now.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you very much!

I got an Arduino Uno, Arduino Nano (3), sensor kit, breadboard, and jumpers today. A couple of 8266s should arrive tomorrow. I've gotten the IDE installed, the board loaded with a sketch for a temp/humidity sensor and it is working.

Will the files you referenced install the plugin too?

Should be a busy weekend devoted to learning Arduino and getting it working with the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Posts number 5 and 11 above have the updater_override.txt and program .zip files.You can install with those.

Just put the updater_override.txt file in HomeSeer root and the zip file in updates3\zips and you can install it now.
                  @rprade

I put the updater_override.txt in the Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3 folder. I can see there is an updater.txt there too. I left it alone. I put the zip in Updates3/Zips. Then I restarted HomeSeer.

Went into plug-ins manager. I saw the Local Update option and the Arduino Plugin was there. I checked it. It then showed in the Pending Updates/Installs. I then clicked on Download and Install. Looked in the log and I see the Updater saying Downloading update: Arduino Plugin. Then I see two errors saying that there was an error downloading package HSPI_Arduino.exe: Remove server returned an error (404) Not Found.

The PI manager does not show it in the list of installed plugins. Also, in the Updates3/zips folder, the zip file is now gone.

I've never had that PI installed before if that matters.

So close but yet so far away

Any ideas?

Comment

Just to be make sure I did the right thing, the zip file I put in the Zip folder was the entire compressed folder I downloaded from post #5. Was that right?

Comment

OK Please try the attached updater_override.txt file as I had to make some changes. You should not need anything other that this in your HS root folder for this to work.

Greig.
                      Attached Files
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I copied the new update_override into the HS3 root folder. Ran the local update and got the same 404 error when downloading the package.

Comment

I copied the new update_override into the HS3 root folder. Ran the local update and got the same 404 error when downloading the package.

did you click the update listing button?

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I just did update the listings. Stopped HS3. Restarted HS3. Went to plugin mgmt and said to install the local update again. It did try for quite a while but now get this error in the HS3 log. I've never installed the update so I can't disable it. Seems like we are a lot closer.

Mar-26 01:31:44
                            Updater Install/Update of package Arduino Plugin failed. Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Error Installation of package Arduino Plugin failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Arduino Plugin1.0.0.139 (Beta) Mar-26 01:31:44 Error Error in UnZipFile: EOF in header Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Installing package Arduino Plugin Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Update HSPI_Arduino.exe downloaded successfully Mar-26 01:28:16 Updater Downloading update: Arduino Plugin Mar-26 01:28:16 Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

OK - i installed the files you uploaded and installed the plugin. I purchased the license, plugged in the license info and so far success! Thx for the workaround Greig. Any idea whats going on with HS support?

I am switching to arduino and your plugin as the ADIO100 i bought just doesn't work - it locks randomly and I can't get any support from HS. Seems to me it just doesn't work reliably with the SEL. I wish i had known the SEL wasn't up to scratch before i spent 600 quid on it - my previous HS2 windows system served me for 10 years, now i am always struggling. And as for scripting...ugh...

Comment

I just did update the listings. Stopped HS3. Restarted HS3. Went to plugin mgmt and said to install the local update again. It did try for quite a while but now get this error in the HS3 log. I've never installed the update so I can't disable it. Seems like we are a lot closer.

Mar-26 01:31:44
                                Updater Install/Update of package Arduino Plugin failed. Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Error Installation of package Arduino Plugin failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Arduino Plugin1.0.0.139 (Beta) Mar-26 01:31:44 Error Error in UnZipFile: EOF in header Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Installing package Arduino Plugin Mar-26 01:31:44 Updater Update HSPI_Arduino.exe downloaded successfully Mar-26 01:28:16 Updater Downloading update: Arduino Plugin Mar-26 01:28:16 Updater Starting download of updates
                                Seeing that r55boy was successful, I went into the Update3 folder and deleted the Arduino Plugin1.2.2.139 (Beta) folder. Restarted HS3. Went into manage plugins and selected the local update for Arduino and low and behold it worked. Thanks for the inspiration 555boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X