Hikvision motion detection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hikvision motion detection?

Has anyone successfully setup the motion detection in HIKVision cameras?

I have the 8 port HIK NVR and 5 cameras. They support motion detection, but the setup is so confusing. I setup the motion detection area but it doesn't seem to do anything.

and how do you make it trigger an output to HS3?

i do... but i do motion detection through blue iris, so maybe not that helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
      Has anyone successfully setup the motion detection in HIKVision cameras?

I have the 8 port HIK NVR and 5 cameras. They support motion detection, but the setup is so confusing. I setup the motion detection area but it doesn't seem to do anything.

and how do you make it trigger an output to HS3?
      Did you ever get motion detection events to be sent directly from the camera to HS?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        i do... but i do motion detection through blue iris, so maybe not that helpful.
        That's how I do it as well.

Comment

I too use BI to detect motion. I have setup virtual devices in HS that are triggered by BI and it works very well and can be used to turn on lights for example.

But in the name of integrity I'm thinking about disabling the indoor cameras in BI when someone is at home. By doing so I will loose the motion detection functionality. That's why I thought about using the motion detection in the camera itself.

I have the Cube cameras indoors which have separate motion PIR why in theory it could do an even better job than BI to detect motion. Though I can't figure out if it would be possible to send a trigger to HS directly from the camera.

Anybody know?

Comment

Can you something with profiles in BI?

Comment

Working...
            X