Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST2 Tuner FM antenna

What are you using as an FM antenna for the ST2 Russound tuner

I was thinking of putting this up in my attic to use with it - not sure how well it would work.

https://www.amazon.ca/Winegard-HD-60.../dp/B001HKM1HM

I am looking for ideas
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I don't own the tuner (been thinking about getting one though), but does the ST2 do HD radio? that antenna seems to be an HD FM antenna.

If the ST2 does HD radio, I would think that would be fine.

Comment

Hmmm maybe I am way off on this one
      I want to get an excellent FM signal if I am going to use the ST2 tuner.

Anyone comment on what FM antenna they are using?
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'd probably post this question on the distributed audio board on AVS. You'd get a much larger userbase.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          Hmmm maybe I am way off on this one
          I want to get an excellent FM signal if I am going to use the ST2 tuner.

Anyone comment on what FM antenna they are using?
          Believe it or not, I used a loop wire and pull in all the FM stations.

When I cut my DircTV cord 3 months ago and moved to an HD antenna, I used my cable jack connection. I put the antenna on the roof and connected it to the cable distribution panel and the antenna pulls in all the HD stations on top of the regular radio stations and HD TV stations. I do not hear any difference between the regular and HD stations, but my CAM6.6 with ST2 plays both kinds of stations.
          HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
          Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
          BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I have a basic loop one from Radio shack, works Ok for it being in the basement but not the greatest.

Comment

Last month I finally broke down and hooked up an old Terk FM Pro (FM50) I had in storage after having my CAV6.6 for over a year with just Sirius and TV inputs. People kept asking for XYZ station and I was like...um...how about we listen to Coffeehouse.

It's a behemoth but I installed it outside and in an inconspicuous location. I really like how it can be mounted flat against the house. All of my equipment is downstairs in the back corner of my walkout basement so reception is abysmal with rabbit ears. Plus I'm in the woods of NH so not a lot of "local" stations and I'm not trying to pull in stations from Mars otherwise I would have gone roof mounted.

It seems to be doing the trick for the handful of Boston stations I tried. I wouldn't have wasted the time or effort but it felt wrong to have all this cool tech, distributed audio inside and out...and not have FM.

Comment

Working...
              X