X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New update may stop alexa discovering the units

After updating I removed all my units, but I now can not discover them

is anyone else seeing this?

I would love to temporarily go back to updates ago?

is this posible?

Comment

Originally posted by mikej8111 View Post
      Hello Rob,

Hate to contribute more problems -
      I can turn off UPB switches off, but can't turn them on. When i attempt to turn on a device the device status turns ON then immediately shuts off. I've restarted homeseer a few times.
      Did you go into Omni config and disable the device and then re-enable it so it was re-created by the .11 version? I had to do that to get my dimming working properly.

Comment

I did that, and it now works. Thank you!

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
        Did you go into Omni config and disable the device and then re-enable it so it was re-created by the .11 version? I had to do that to get my dimming working properly.

Comment

This time, I read FIRST and then followed advice! Thanks, Rob! All of my UPB devices, including fans & flour lites, are working again. I'm still not able to read zones from my EE. I think you attempted it in .07 or .08 and then the units debacle happened. Any chance you can work on this soon? What might I give you from my system that could help?

Comment

Originally posted by jchotz View Post
            This time, I read FIRST and then followed advice! Thanks, Rob! All of my UPB devices, including fans & flour lites, are working again. I'm still not able to read zones from my EE. I think you attempted it in .07 or .08 and then the units debacle happened. Any chance you can work on this soon? What might I give you from my system that could help?
            Hmmm...are you using a unique Zone type? I have an actual EE (EE1) and then the HAI Wireless Receiver for EE2, EE3 and EE4 working fine here.

Wired Motion Detectors, Wired CO Detector, Wireless Panic Pendants, Keyfobs and Door and Windows Sensors all working ok.

-Travis

Comment

Wired in modules don't work

Hate to throw another bug into the mix but the dimming scheme you're using won't work on "wired in" on/off modules. I can control them from the HS on/off buttons but not by an Omni Plugin event. The devices I'm using are akin to the old X10 "Fixture" modules; sans dimming. These UPB modules wire in the panel or behind an electrical socket, or inside a device itself. They do NOT dim, they are strictly on or off.

Sample module http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...odules/fmd1-20

This also makes me wonder about the in wall on/off Decora switches, outlets and appliance modules too.

<style></style>
              Last edited by avpman; May 20, 2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Rob,

Do you know if the reconnection issues in 3.0.2.8 are fixed in .11?

M

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                  Hate to throw another bug into the mix but the dimming scheme you're using won't work on "wired in" on/off modules. I can control them from the HS on/off buttons but not by an Omni Plugin event. The devices I'm using are akin to the old X10 "Fixture" modules; sans dimming. These UPB modules wire in the panel or behind an electrical socket, or inside a device itself. They do NOT dim, they are strictly on or off.

Sample module http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...odules/fmd1-20

This also makes me wonder about the in wall on/off Decora switches, outlets and appliance modules too.

<style></style>
                  Can you send me your logs where you tried to control them? In that log, I return the unit type which will help me narrow it down.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
                    Rob,

Do you know if the reconnection issues in 3.0.2.8 are fixed in .11?

M
                    No connection changes were made.
                    In my setup, I had to put a 10/100 dumb 'hub' between my panel and router (Unifi USG). Do you have your panel connected to a 10/100 switch or gigabit?

Comment

Zones should be working for EE. No changes were made to that code.
                      Send me your logs from a plugin startup. That will show me the zones that were attempted to load.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        No connection changes were made.
                        In my setup, I had to put a 10/100 dumb 'hub' between my panel and router (Unifi USG). Do you have your panel connected to a 10/100 switch or gigabit?
                        Its connected at 100MB. My disconnections are due to my HS server running in a virtual environment and the whole server pauses for a few seconds during the backup.

Comment

Its connected at 100MB. My disconnections are due to my HS server running in a virtual environment and the whole server pauses for a few seconds during the backup.
                          bleh...

The whole connection routine really needs to be re-tooled to be more fault-tolerant. It's one of those things that I wish I had known how to do early on in the project. I'll have to play around with it to see. Can you send me the logs around the time a disconnect happened?

Comment

100 BaseT may be your issue as well, the Omni network port is only 10 BaseT.

Comment

There are a couple of things to check:
                              First, make sure the checkbox is selected on the main screen in the OMNI plugin.
                              Next, all zones must be named via console or PC Access in order to be picked up by the plugin.

I checked the plugin code and when you use EE1, the zones are in 49-64. Are you running 1 EE or more?

Comment

New version posted
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195907

Comment

Working...
                                X