Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying plain text on LCD

Hi

Have a strange problem. See sample events. Sample 1 displays perfectly, sample 2 nothing at all! And nothing displayed in the device management for LCD:Line.

Sending plain text manually frrom device management works fine.

Running 1.0.0.131
    Attached Files

Can you send me a debug of each event running so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      Can you send me a debug of each event running so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Was there a resolution to this? I have the same issue running V1.0.0.147 where unless $$DSRref): is included in the string, plain text is not sent. My screen is 2 rows by 16 characters running a I2C interface... seems to work great when manually sending commands to the LCD device lines.

Thanks

Comment

The Problem is you have to set the device string then set the device value to send as the event cannot do this all in one. See Here

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Like Greig wrote above, you cannot update the string and send all in one action. I have 2 LCDs and use a single event to update both. I use Easy Trigger to set the string (it can also be done with a standard HS Device Action), then use a HS device action to send the string. I do the string updates on the first LCD, then send, then repeat for the second LCD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1196958

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks guys.

Problem solved. I wan't aware of the EasyTrigger plugin but have installed it and everything works a treat.

I also added the send commands as a group action which should cut down the config.

Cheers

Comment

I spoke too soon :-\

It seems my setup isn't handing the second line "send" command. After some testing it appears it's taking sometime for the board to process line 1. When I add in a 1 second delay for Line 2 send, it works.

I could live with this, but when multiple events occur in quick progression, its going to be an issue.

Is this normal? Possible reasons I can think of:
                - I'm running 16 x 2 line display with a I2C expander (not a 4 x 20 display)
                - Running on a com port connection (isn't slow on other commands)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comment

Update:

I connected with an ethernet shield and the problem of the 2nd line of text not displaying is now gone. So obviously the com port was causing bottleneck issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X