This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRDS1 Door Sensor battery reports

I have two of these new sensors, and both have randomly "defaulted" to reporting their Battery Status every minute, even after being configured for much longer durations between transmissions. This results in killing the battery within a few days.

I've set them both up with 2-hour, 12-hour, and other reporting periods. That configuration stays for a few days sometimes, but then one or the other starts updating at one minute intervals.

I am using the external contacts to trigger the "Open/Close" reporting (which works fine), and found that I needed to mount the base unit so the embedded physical switch is not depressed in order for it to see the external changes, so that may be related to this issue. There are two mini option contacts inside the unit, but no documentation on what they do.

To add even more fun, this is at my parent's home, so everything I do is remote troubleshooting. We'll likely just replace the batteries with an AC transformer, but I'd still like to know the cause of what I'm seeing.

I have the same issue... anyone know why this happens or how to fix this issue?

Comment

Same problem here, would love an answer on this!

Comment

No clue on the cause/fix, so I took the brute force solution: 4.5v transformer from Radio Shack

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
          No clue on the cause/fix, so I took the brute force solution: 4.5v transformer from Radio Shack
          Where did you connect the 4.5v transformer? I would like to do the same, but I don't know where to connect.

Comment

Working...
          X