Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V1.02 Released

For those of you with WOL issues, please try V1.02

This version also includes tooltips on the icons to show IPAddress and MacAddress on the network monitor and the client port number on the client status.

You only need to replace the scripts BTW
    Last edited by jon00; February 12, 2011, 07:13 AM.
    Jon

Comment

Jon00, first thanks for this great plugin.
      I am playing with it for the last days and it looks very good.
      Have only two problems,and one of them is that the WOL function is only working my XP machines here.
      I have Five Windows 7 systems and one WHS system where the WOL is not working.
      So I will try the last version first

Second problem is that the client programm crashes often on the Windows 7 systems.(these are all 32Bits systems)

Comment

Regarding WOL, try the latest version.

In the client directory, see if there is a error log being created and if so, what are the errors?
        Jon

Comment

Jon00,

Are only the scripts changed in the last version,or also the ini file?
          I see that the date from the ini file is changed,but inside i see no changes.
          I will see for the error and report back.

Comment

Just the scripts. You can remove the subnetmask setting from the ini file as I no longer use it.
            Jon

Comment

Antoon,

Is it crashing on startup or after running for a while?
              Jon

Comment

Jon00,

It is crashing after a while.
                On my MSI Windtop it happens almost every hour.(see attactment)

I also try WOL with the latest version but with no luck.
                On the Windows 7 sytems all functions are working but not the WOL.

And on my WHS only the Mon On and off are working.
                I saw an errorlog in the map with this message:

9/02/2011 17:53:37 Jon00 Remote Computer Client
                9/02/2011 17:53:37 Error in Main Block 5 Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'll look into the error, however have you setup WOL on your Window 7 PC's? This will need to be done in the bios and/or the network card properties?
                  Jon

Comment

I have never used the WOL with the other plugins,but I think I set it up right in the BIOS and network card properties.
                    But because many people have this to work with your plugin,maybe I have take a good look again.
                    Is there a kind of checklist or another way to test if I set everything right?
                    Found a program on the internet WOL Magic Packet Sender and when I use that it seems to be OK.

Comment

I'll have to wait until others report back on the WOL. I have a WOL monitor installed and it is confirming the magic packet is being sent correctly (on my network at least!).

Regarding the error, would you temporarily disable any firewall/malware and anti-virus software on your win 7 machine to see if the error goes away.
                      Jon

Comment

The WOL monitor is here
                        Jon

Comment

I see WOL packets sent only if the target machine is considered online by the script. Once the machine is no longer pingable the script stops sending WOLs.

Comment

Boots,

Do other WOL programs work on your HS machine such as http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/wake-on-lan-gui.aspx

If not then your router is probably preventing access some how (clearing the ARP table maybe?)

Do you bind the IP to the MAC address BTW?
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by BootsC5 View Post
                              I see WOL packets sent only if the target machine is considered online by the script. Once the machine is no longer pingable the script stops sending WOLs.
                              Also seeing this WOL packets sent when client is online. When offline nothing sent.
                              Also noticed that Jon00RCCNM.vben current state is always running when this happens.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Brian,

Would you try the same as I suggested to BootsC5 please. Also where are you viewing the packets?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X