Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon,

Its not only WOL that does not work when a standby command is sent.
    None of the control buttons work for any of the other computers.
    Even events that use the Jon00CCNM.vben script do not work.

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
    If a standby command is sent and the machine goes into standby i cannot control any other computer until the machine that went into standby wakes up.
    The only thing that i can see different from Shutdown Hibernate and Standby is that when a standby command is sent
    the Jon00CCNM.vben state is always running and does not go back to WaitSleepJoin until the computer has woke from standby.
    Attached Files

Comment

The issue is that when the computer goes into standby, it is going into a unknown state that will not respond to TCP connections. The Homeseer script is hanging on the client check routine and never times out for some reason. The timeout works fine when the PC is on/off/hibernate but not in this unknown standby state.

At the moment the easiest option is just to remove standby functionality as I don't have a resolution to this.

Thoughts?
      Jon

Comment

The issue with standby still present.

Would it be possible to PM the client check function? When you say not responding, do you mean like dropped packets or a rejected connection?

Comment

PM is not working - see my profile for my email
          Jon

Comment

Done. Check your me.uk email.

Comment

OK, I've added a ping check option before the client is checked. Hopefully this will address the issue.

I'll send the revised version to BootsC5 for checking on his system.
              Jon

Comment

Email has now been sent!
                Jon

Comment

Brian,

Please try the attached version.

See if this version locks up on your standby PC. You will still need to use the Wolcmd.exe as well.

Attachment removed as it did not work!
                  Last edited by jon00; February 13, 2011, 02:53 PM.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Brian,

Please try the attached version.

See if this version locks up on your standby PC. You will still need to use the Wolcmd.exe as well.
                    Script still hanging when controlled pc goes into standby.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Email has now been sent!
                      I didn't get it, my server may have gobbled it up. Can you post it?

Yup it didn't like it:

Feb 13 11:54:56 localhost amavis[6329]: (06329-16) Blocked BANNED (.exe,.exe-ms,Homeseer 2/Client/Jon00Popup.exe), [------] [++++++] <jXXXXXXX> -> <ZZZZZZZ>, quarantine: g/banned-go4NsGtZolrF, Message-ID: <000101cbcb9e$a4d14300$ee73c900$@com>, mail_id: go4NsGtZolrF, Hits: -, size: 1980059, dkim_id=XXXXX,@YYYYY, 14499 ms

Comment

It's posted above.

Brian,

Attached is a client that will kill the application when you send the standby command. No use but I want to see if the client is related to the hang.

Edit: Client removed - Now available for download.
                        Last edited by jon00; February 13, 2011, 04:33 PM.
                        Jon

Comment

No joy. I'm using the scripts time stamped today at 4:25pm and the wolcmd.exe. The target machine is not waking up, nor is wolmonitor seeing anything.

I'm going to tinker with wolcmd to see if I can post a command line that works.

Comment

OK, I've had another idea. What I think is happening is that Homeseer is awaiting a response from the client but depending on the speed of the standby, it is not getting this and just waits.

That's the theory, now let's see if it is.

Try the attached!

Edit: Script removed - Now available for download.
                            Last edited by jon00; February 13, 2011, 04:33 PM.
                            Jon

Comment

This command line worked:
                              wolcmd 002354b50a61 192.168.1.13 255.255.255.0

But the same issue as before, once the machine is down no WOL.

I do the the same thing 8r1an too about the script not entering the WaitSleepJoin state, and appears to be the root cause...

1) I disabled the automatic event, calling both Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("network","") and Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","")
                              2) Set the machine to standby by a different means than the script
                              3) Let simmer
                              4) Verified the device was not responding to pings
                              5) Used the script's WOL button

The machine woke up.

This reply was before I saw the new posting above. I will test and post a new reply.

Comment

Try the script I posted Boots. If you send a standby command, it no longer listens for a response and closes the TCP connection immediately.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X