Some H.A. systems hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some H.A. systems hacked

Anything can be hacked, I guess, but this is one article we're thankful to be NOT mentioned in!

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...he_future.html
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

there was a series on tv.. It takes a thief...

it was a pro burgler that got caught and he was asked to do this show. you would allow him to try and get in.. you wouldnt know when ... he would break in , beat alarm systems, etc.. trash the place and clean out the place.. as if it was really robbed.. the end result is they would install a great system that wont be beat.. and guessing they replaced stuff..

my point is.. a hack is a hack.. they have been going on forever and will never stop...
    he even showed examples of neighbors houses where he would avoid.. cameras in open view.. dummy or real.. ignore house...

anyway... i know it is a way side track... u gotta look for it and watch it.. pretty cool...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Interesting timing on this article. My friend and I were at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas and saw a session on hacking the Z-Wave home automation protocol. They gave an example of one of the door locks that is only available in Europe that you can spoof into resetting its encryption routines so that you can access it.

Overall though, z-wave is not the worst by any stretch. You want to worry? Read about how easy it is to spoof RFID...

Comment

My job rather unfortunately takes me into the path of criminals on a daily basis, 99.999% of your normal criminal the most sophisticated tool they carry with them is either a hammer or a screwdriver to shove through your window and/or door frame. Probability wise 1) how would they know your house has any HA system 2) if they did how would they know what system it was to hack 3) it would take far longer than simply introducing a size 9 to the door 4) what is inside that is so valuable to them that they could not get from the neighbours house? I could go on and on...I personally think the risk of this actually being used is so minute it is not worth concern.

If you want to be worried just own a BMW and look at the key less entry thefts that have happened with them!

Comment

Hacking Smarthomes

Apparently there were several presentations at the black hat conference this year discussing hacking into ZWave and smart home

http://www.networkworld.com/communit...utomated-homes

Does HSTouch encrypt all of the data between it and the server?

Comment

Working...
          X