This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wposner View Post
    What about if you go back and run it from the terminal--node proxy.js <ip> <port>

Let's start there. I suspect there still might be something with your firewall.
    Sorry, you'll have to help me that one - type what where ?

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
      Sorry, you'll have to help me that one - type what where ?
      Open a terminal window (cmd prompt if you're on windows) and navigate to your HSMetro folder

Then type:

node proxy.js <ip address of your HomeSeer Server> <Port you want the UI to listen on>

You should start seeing the same output that you did from your telnet session. DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW--yet.

The IP address you used above is the IP address you need to set in your HTML in the port parameter (based on the sample I've provided in home.html)

If everything is configured properly, the UI should update as broadcasts are received.

If all this is working, the next step is to get the service working. Go ahead and cmd-c the proxy window or just close it.

If the proxy was working based on the above command, then it should also work when you install the service via nssm if you use the exact same IP and Port. If it does not work then let's try turning off your firewall first to see if that's the issue.

Report back.

Comment

OK so I see the remote to proxy and proxy to client messages. Then tried editing the home.html and changed the ip address in there to my one and changed refID to match my network - none of my on/off device tiles show on the home screen. Terminal window was running. Have I missed something else ?

Comment

OK so I see the remote to proxy and proxy to client messages. Then tried editing the home.html and changed the ip address in there to my one and changed refID to match my network - none of my on/off device tiles show on the home screen. Terminal window was running. Have I missed something else ?
          So tiles that previously displayed no longer display? That means your html has a syntax error. If you enable your browser developer tools, you'll probably see some sort of error that might help track down the issue.

Code:
              <hsdevice class="hstile" id="stair_light" params="url: 'http://192.168.1.250', ref: 220, color: 'steel', icons: {
                                                'on': '/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif', 
                                                'off': '/images/HomeSeer/status/off.gif'},
                                                  proxyIP: '192.168.1.90', proxyPort: '8000'"></hsdevice>
          Take a look at the above line and make sure you have all your single quotes and commas all in the correct place.

Comment

Ah.....I have extracted the latest zip 1.0.2.1 and notice there is no mention of the ProxyIP or Port for the devices.......this needs adding. I'll have a go but the syntax is tricky isn't it.

Comment

My bad. I have my build folder that I generally don't touch. I must have accidentally overwritten the home.html file. Just copy paste the code from my previous post and update the values as needed. That way you're not having to manually add the extra parameters.

I plan to post a new build soon. I was hoping to hold off until I finish the thermostat widget, but I may need to just go ahead and post a new one with the new minor features.

Comment

OK, copy pasted changed values to the ones used in terminal--Node window which is still running...no syntax errors......only tiles are weather, clock and refresh, none of mine.

Comment

It's got to be a syntax error in the HTML. If the refID was incorrect, you'd get a blank tile. I just tried it on my side and if I make any hsdevice tile have invalid syntax, I get the same result as you. Can you copy/paste your html in a code block block here so I can take a look at it? Or just PM it to me.

Comment

It's got to be a syntax error in the HTML. If the refID was incorrect, you'd get a blank tile. I just tried it on my side and if I make any hsdevice tile have invalid syntax, I get the same result as you. Can you copy/paste your html in a code block block here so I can take a look at it? Or just PM it to me.
                    I have added just 2 of these blocks and stripped out everything else expect weather, clock and refresh. These are simple on/off nodes

<hsdevice class="hstile slide ha ui-sortable-handle" params="url: 'http://192.168.0.102', ref: 59, color: 'steel', icons: {
                    'on': '/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif',
                    'off': '/images/HomeSeer/status/off.gif'},
                    proxyIP: '192.168.0.102', proxyPort: '6512'"><div class="slide-back ha"></div></hsdevice>

Comment

I just posted a new build that fixes an issue which causes the UI to be unable to find a required library for the proxy to work. Please download 1.0.2.2

Comment

If everything is configured properly, the UI should update as broadcasts are received.

If the proxy was working based on the above command, then it should also work when you install the service via nssm if you use the exact same IP and Port. If it does not work then let's try turning off your firewall first to see if that's the issue.

Report back.
                        OK, loaded latest build. Note that proxyIP or port are not included, so I added them again with my devices, then I started terminal--node proxy.js ip port and the device changes were showing as before. I opened the web page, hit refresh and up popped my devices. They changed state correctly (although very delayed) but this may be because of my proxy service issue.

I removed the service once again and then installed as per instructions using the same ip & port as above. The service still failed to start and in the log I have quite a few of these which I assume are current because there are no time stamps.

Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Program'
                        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:336:15)
                        at Function.Module._load (module.js:278:25)
                        at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:501:10)
                        at startup (node.js:129:16)
                        at node.js:814:3
                        module.js:338
                        throw err;

I getting closer but need some more advice.

Comment

When you entered the path to Node.exe did you type it or browse to it? It looks like you've got some sort of string parsing error. For the arguments I would browse to the folder where proxy.js is located and then copy paste from the explorer address bar in to that field.

Comment

When you entered the path to Node.exe did you type it or browse to it? It looks like you've got some sort of string parsing error. For the arguments I would browse to the folder where proxy.js is located and then copy paste from the explorer address bar in to that field.
                            I have tried both ways ....browsed within the nssm ui and cut & paste from your instructions. As i mentioned before the node.exe is within c:\program files where a the start in path and arguments are in c:\program files (x86 ) .....could this cause a problem ? I'll try it again anyway and let you know.

Edit: Just tried again and get the same error in the log when starting service
                            Last edited by naellis; March 12, 2015, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I have tried both ways ....browsed within the nssm ui and cut & paste from your instructions. As i mentioned before the node.exe is within c:\program files where a the start in path and arguments are in c:\program files (x86 ) .....could this cause a problem ? I'll try it again anyway and let you know.

Edit: Just tried again and get the same error in the log when starting service
                              I think it's because your on an x64 system. There is a x64 version of NSSM that was supposedly included in the zip file when you downloaded it.

nssm should work under Windows 2000 or later. Specifically, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are supported. 32-bit and 64-bit binaries are included in the download. Most of the time it should be safe to run the 32-bit version on 64-bit Windows but in some circumstances you may find that it doesn't work and you must use the 64-bit version. Both versions are compiled from the same source code. If one works for you, use that one. If it doesn't, try the other.
                              Can you try to find that version of the executable and use that one. If that doesn't work try to grab the x64 version of Node from here https://nodejs.org/download/

Comment

I think it's because your on an x64 system. There is a x64 version of NSSM that was supposedly included in the zip file when you downloaded it.

That's the one I used even though it was in the (x86) program directory path
                                I just tried the x86 version - no go.

Can you try to find that version of the executable and use that one. If that doesn't work try to grab the x64 version of Node from here https://nodejs.org/download/
                                I downloaded the x86 version and tried that - now both the nssm and node were in the same path - removed then reinstalled the service using appropriate paths in the nssm ui - no go
                                Can I send you anything that may help ?

Comment

Working...
                                X