New Prologic PS-4 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Prologic PS-4 install

I just installed a PS-4 over the weekend and am super happy with the results. Now I'm interested in getting control over to my iPhone . At first I was looking into the Hayward home connect wireless solution but after reading the extremely poor reviews of the iPhone app I decided to dig around some more. I came across Homeseer and was impressed with the range of plugins available.

My question to others out there - how does Homeseer work with the Prologic system?

- The biggest complaint about the Hayward app was super long delays after button presses. Does that also happen with the Homeseer integration?

- How would I interface to the serial connection on the Hayward automation module with the Zee S2? Or would you recommend I build a Windows box and use the Windows software?

- I'd love to keep the look of the Homeseer touch interface without purchasing designer. Does anyone have prebuilt designs shared, or do I need to purchase designer?

Hi!

Welcome to the land of Homseer!

I would suggest you spend some time on the forums reading more about Homeseer. It is a very flexible home automation solution, but does require a certain amount of configuration and setup. I will take a stab at addressing your questions:

- Homeseer communicates with the PS-4 through a hardwired connection and a hardware home automation interface (AQ-CO-SERIAL)

- Other users can feel free to share their experiences, but using the AquaConnect plugin and Homeseer, there is very little delay between button presses and response.

- AquaConnect plugin is compatible with both Linux or Windows version of Homeseer, so should work with Zee S2. You would just need to use a USB-Serial converter if the machine does not have an serial port.

- AquaConnect allows you to control the pool using the default HSTouch interface, but if you would like to create a custom screen, you would need Designer.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X