X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events using HAI plugin not working with OMNI plugin

Just went through and looked at events as I noticed some were not working

Each one that used the HAI plugin now has this error message:
    The plug-in HAI is not running or is not connected to HomeSeer.

Didn't realize that the events would break. Looks like I have to go through and re-write all my old events? Can you confirm?

Did I miss a memo?

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post

Didn't realize that the events would break. Looks like I have to go through and re-write all my old events? Can you confirm?
      Hmmm.... Mine are all working here, but my system has had many iterations.
      I'll see if I have a backup so I can revert back and replicate, but it looks like if you want to proceed, you'll need to recreate events
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yeah, looks that way. Trouble is that it's not just a matter of changing the name of the plugin in the event. When the plugin goes away, the event gets farkled. You can see the example below, one of my famous "disarmed by anyone but me" events, the IF statement has reverted to the default.

In events where the THEN statement utilized the HAI plugin, that's the part that gets porked.

Looks like I can get by with just rebuilding the broken half of the events, at least one side of each event stayed intact. Just lots of them to do.

Oh well. Didn't have anything else to do for a couple of days.....
        Attached Files

Comment

very sorry.

I think I see the problem. The plugin name appears to be stored in the events. When OMNI is loaded, it renames the devices, but not the events. Somehow my system is ok, but it is both my development system and prod panel system.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here's something strange....while going through and rebuilding, I found one that converted with no problem!

So far it's the only event I've worked on that used the plugin for both the IF and THEN statements, but I have absolutely no idea if that's why it converted. I'll keep working on these and see what else I find.

Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

While I still have a way to go to get them all repaired, I have looked at all the events that used the HAI plugin (I think).

Some converted, some did not. I don't find any commonality among the ones that did. I'm sure there is some reason behind it but it's beyond me and not something I think I'll spend any time worrying about. I'd say about half of the events converted, half did not. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post

The difference is likely that of a plug-in based Trigger, Condition or Action vs a device based Trigger, Condition or Action. HS devices should survive the name change because their function within an event is tied to their RefID and a change of name or locations will not affect an event.

The plug-in based Triggers are handled differently from within the plug-in and the name change of the plug-in would have broken them since there is no longer an HA1 plug-in. That is why the error is "The plug-in HAI is not running or is not connected to HomeSeer". Since the plug-in has been renamed, the Trigger has no idea where to find the previously associated plug-in.

The event posted in #6 above is all based on HS devices, so it survived.

The Trigger in post #4 is not based on a device, it is a plug-in based Trigger.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                X