Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB plug-in issue

The PI status says:
    WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UPB - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    REstarting the plug-in doesn't seem to do the trick. Any thoughts?

What hardware are you running on?
    What OS are you running?
    What version of HS3?
    This Warning means the plugin can not find your UPB interface.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HS 3 Version 3.0.0.163 is running on a HomeTroller series 4 with a serial PIM on COM4. I had some trouble accessing the PIM earlier, but UPstart has no trouble now. Also, if I click for the UPB config page I get this:
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%"> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=logobar align=left></TD> <TD class=logobar align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Pete

Comment

UPBSpud seems to work okay and has no trouble communicating with the PIM. Maybe I should just use that.

Comment

I've had no issues with using both of the plugins (Homeseer 3 and Spud's) on Ubuntu Linux 64bit.

I have been going very slow with my HS3Pro build on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.

The PI status says:
          WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UPB - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
          REstarting the plug-in doesn't seem to do the trick. Any thoughts?
          Once it is configured then you will not see that message any more.

The Homeseer one is new and may need to be tweaked as it was released only a few weeks ago.

Spud's UPB plugin has a bit more features.

Tested the Homeseer UPB plugin this afternoon on one USB to Serial device on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit.

It works fine but has a couple of gotcha's

1 - in Linux a dropdown box for the configured port not enabled would be a nice to have feature
          2 - The plugin does not show up under plugin manager but does show up under the main plugins page.
          Last edited by Pete; May 23, 2015, 04:35 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X