• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version in the updater

Hey Gang-

There is a new version in the updater, which fixes the following things:
    • Zone Controller addressing works properly where Zone 1 is not address 1
    • TR40/TS40 users can now send messages to their WDU's
    The zones should be OK on addressing now. Please let me know if you have any problems.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Zone Controller Config 2.3.2593.30864 Still INOP

I updated to latest plugin and ZCV4 still does not configure correctly.

I tried adding the controller at address 3, then adding the zones as zone ID 1 thru 4. This did not work.

I then deleted the RCS zone controller and associated devices and re-added the ZCV4 at address 3, then added the zones at zone ID 3 thru 6. This did not work.

In each case only two zones displayed data (incorrect) in the last two zone positions with the first two zone positions displaying "0"s.

I will keep experimenting to try to determine where the issue is.
      Last edited by cbryan; February 8, 2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

OK - Partial success this time

I had to delete all RCS devices in both the Homeseer status page and the plugin status. A complete install after deleting with assignment of ZCV4 at address 3 and zone IDs corresponding with the RCS network address for each WDU (3 thru 6) seemed to cure things but only on the plugin staus page.

The Homeseer staus page reports "0"s in all temp and set point fields for each of the ZCV4 devices.

The stand alone TR40s report all data correctly in the Homeseer status page.

Comment

Updated plugin 2.3.2593.30864

It also does not appear that the individual zone damper status or any of the setpoint or mode change functions (master or individual zone) work from the plugin status page. The following errors appear in the HS log:

Error in HSPI.CmdSetMode, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index

Error in HSPI.CmdSetCool, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index

Error in HSPI.CmdSetMode, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index

(Attempts to change mode from ZCV master or individual zone)

Comment

does this new version support damper status correctly?
            -Christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I'm not sure if its in the API or not but it would be helpful to be able to pick off the outdise temperature (OA) from the ZCV4 and send it to other devices (TR40) on the RS485 network. So far, I have been unable to send any OT command (set OT=85) to the TR40s using something like

dim RCS
              set RCS=hs.plugin("RCS Serial Thermostats")
              call RCS.cmdsendcustom(1,"OT=85")

The script doesn't return errors but nothing changes on the TR40 or any status display (HS or the plugin). There may be something wrong with my scripting methodology.

Comment

ditto

Originally posted by cbryan View Post
                I'm not sure if its in the API or not but it would be helpful to be able to pick off the outdise temperature (OA) from the ZCV4 and send it to other devices (TR40) on the RS485 network. So far, I have been unable to send any OT command (set OT=85) to the TR40s using something like

dim RCS
                set RCS=hs.plugin("RCS Serial Thermostats")
                call RCS.cmdsendcustom(1,"OT=85")

The script doesn't return errors but nothing changes on the TR40 or any status display (HS or the plugin). There may be something wrong with my scripting methodology.

Comment

Strange, it works here, changes the display on the TS40 as well as within the plug-in, odd. Have you tried placing the plug in into debug to see if anything else might be reported that way?
                  HS: 2.5.0.60
                  Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                  Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                  Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                  Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                  UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                  Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

make sure you dont have an outside temp densor defined on the WDU of any of your TR-40's.

also did RJ implement the cmdsendcustom as it was before or would you need to do rcs.cmdsendcustom(1,"A=2 OT=85").

does anyone know if damper status is working yet?
                    -Christopher
                    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Hi Guys-

Damper status has been working for several of the past builds. Just get the latest.

For sending custom commands, the index tells it the address value to be sent, so it would be analagous to that of the old plugin.
                      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hello Again-

Well, I set up some more advacned tests for the plugin, and it now appears to be working properly. There have been changes made to device addressing, Zone Controller command processing has been fixed, and there are other bug fixes as well.

As always, it is posted at the start of this thread, Version 2.3.2597.18582.
                        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

I loaded the new plugin and tried a couple of different setups unsucessfully.

The first setup cleared all RCS devices in both the plugin and the HS status pages. One TR40 was added as stand alone at address 1, a second TR40 was added at address 2, then the ZCV4 was added at address 3. The four zone WDUs were then added at Zone ID 3, 4, 5, and 6. Only two of the zones reported data on both the HS status page and the plugin staus page in either the first two or last two positions (I don't recall which). The other two zones contained no data.

Edit - The first two zones displayed the data. There were HS log errors (continous):
                          Error in UpdateDevices, Conversion from string "3:3" to type 'Double' is not valid.

I then cleared all RCS devices from the plugin and HS status pages again and attempted to add the devices using the same addressing scheme except the zoned WDUs were added at Zone ID 1, 2, 3, and 4 behind the controller at address 3. All of the devices then displayed data correctly in the HS status page and the plugin status page but the HS log showed the following continous (repeating) error:

Error in UpdateDevices, Conversion from string "3:1" to type 'Double' is not valid.

What addressing/zone ID scheme is the plugin designed to look for? Does it want my first addressing scheme or the second? It seems this is critical since the ZCVx series controllers have abandoned the zone ID (Z) parameter all together as obsolete according to the latest RCS serial comm documentation.

Thanks for the continued help with this.
                          Last edited by cbryan; February 10, 2007, 02:05 PM. Reason: Additional info added

Comment

See this thread for the Outside Temp:
                            http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=118377

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                            make sure you dont have an outside temp densor defined on the WDU of any of your TR-40's.

also did RJ implement the cmdsendcustom as it was before or would you need to do rcs.cmdsendcustom(1,"A=2 OT=85").

does anyone know if damper status is working yet?
                            -Christopher

Comment

I downloaded the latest Plug-In as of this posting. When setting things up as 'zoned', I still receive the following errors below when executing scripts. So, the question is, when setting up the zones, should the GetTemp, CmdHeatSet and CmdSetCool be formatted any differently then when set up as standalone?

Currently, my commands are as follows for thermostat 3 when set to standalone:

GetTemp(3)
                              cmdsetheat(3,67)
                              cmdsetcool(3,85)

Should they be modified when set up as zoned?

2/11/2007 12:08:42 AM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.
                              2/11/2007 12:00:00 AM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.CmdHEatSet, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.
                              2/11/2007 12:00:00 AM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.CmdSetCool, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.

Comment

FYI, I did not receive the errors you mentioned. You might have better luck if you set your ZCV4 with a base address of 1, then your WDUs would be zones 1-4, then add your standalones at 5 or greater. Your second example is not valid I don't believe. If the contoller was set to 3, your WDUs would then be 3-6 so I'm surprise it displayed anything for 1 and 2. Unless I'm misundstanding the setup. Anyway, my zone controller has a base address of 1, my WDUs are 1-4, and I don't have any standalones to set with or I'd try your scenarios.

Originally posted by cbryan View Post
                                I loaded the new plugin and tried a couple of different setups unsucessfully.

The first setup cleared all RCS devices in both the plugin and the HS status pages. One TR40 was added as stand alone at address 1, a second TR40 was added at address 2, then the ZCV4 was added at address 3. The four zone WDUs were then added at Zone ID 3, 4, 5, and 6. Only two of the zones reported data on both the HS status page and the plugin staus page in either the first two or last two positions (I don't recall which). The other two zones contained no data.

Edit - The first two zones displayed the data. There were HS log errors (continous):
                                Error in UpdateDevices, Conversion from string "3:3" to type 'Double' is not valid.

I then cleared all RCS devices from the plugin and HS status pages again and attempted to add the devices using the same addressing scheme except the zoned WDUs were added at Zone ID 1, 2, 3, and 4 behind the controller at address 3. All of the devices then displayed data correctly in the HS status page and the plugin status page but the HS log showed the following continous (repeating) error:

Error in UpdateDevices, Conversion from string "3:1" to type 'Double' is not valid.

What addressing/zone ID scheme is the plugin designed to look for? Does it want my first addressing scheme or the second? It seems this is critical since the ZCVx series controllers have abandoned the zone ID (Z) parameter all together as obsolete according to the latest RCS serial comm documentation.

Thanks for the continued help with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X