www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in

HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in Discussions relating to the Z-Wave plug-in

Old January 25th, 2010, 03:25 PM
vegascat

Question HS stopped working

Now I have a new problem. I disconnected the Z-troller from HomeTroller (while both were on) to add my new Leviton relay switch. Now nothing works. The Z-toller was not manageble from Setup>Interfaces; I played with it until it finally showed up again, but now it doesnt conrtol anything. It won't recognize the Kitchen switch which has always been low on connections to neighbors. It also shows status unknown for several other Z-wave devices. I disconnected Z-troller from computers before while both were on with no problem.

Will I have to resotore the HomeTroller and start everything over from scratch again?

Would it do any good to erase Z-troller or remove batteries? Can I restore Z-troller from HS?

I beginning to think I should have stuck with X-10, at least it was stable.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM
OverSeer

Were you able to add the new switch?
Old January 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
vegascat

Yes I was able to add the switch. See attached for bad status reports and bad polling results. The ACRFis working and Hometroller is annoucing as it should the garage door opening and closing.
Attached Images

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:35 AM
vegascat

I checked z-seer and all of the nodes that were green are now yellow or don't have any response.
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:44 AM
OverSeer

Have you added any new wireless devices in the house since this started? Certain baby monitors are using a frequency that can cause Z-Wave issues.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:45 PM
vegascat

No, I replaced a Z-wave switch node 47 with an new one that became node 67. I did not delete the faulty switch. Could that be the problem? It started after I added the new switch to the Z-troller. When I upload devices from Z-troller it keeps adding Node 47 and I deleted it from HomeSeer.

I don't think any of the neighbors would have anything that would interfer. I have WiFi devices, but those have been working long before this started.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
OverSeer

You should always use the remove/delete function on the Z-Troller to remove a switch before physically removing it fromt he wall.
Try using the Configuration options on the node that was removed , then: "Remove Failed Nodes". Your Z-Wave controller has to be primary controller.
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:20 PM
vegascat

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
You should always use the remove/delete function on the Z-Troller to remove a switch before physically removing it fromt he wall.
Try using the Configuration options on the node that was removed , then: "Remove Failed Nodes". Your Z-Wave controller has to be primary controller.
I tried this and it worked.
Thanks!