Home Control and Multiuser Google Home/Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Control and Multiuser Google Home/Assistant

Is Home Control compatible with Multiuser Google Home/Assistant?

If so, I am not able to get it working. It may be not knowing how to setup, or this functionality is still limited.

On the first account/phone, the Home Control link has been established and is working fine. At this stage, Google Home and Google Assistant (first account/phone) is working fine to control HS.

I link a second account/phone to Google Home (for better voice recognition of second user). At this stage, Google Assistant on the second account/phone has no control over Home Control, ie. no control over HS. So, I make a Home Control HS link in the second account/phone. Is this what I am supposed to do? Now I can control HS from Google Assistant on the second account/phone.

BUT, here is the problem, Home Control stops working on Google Home (with first account voice) and from Google Assistant on the first account/phone.

Anyone tried multiuser and having a similar experience?

Andrew
    Last edited by ; August 6, 2017, 04:13 AM.

Hmmm...have not tested this yet but if true, it'll be a big issue for me too!!

Comment

Been playing around with it for most of today. I've got 3 users on Google Home now and working as expected. It's really amazing to see Google Home switching accounts so seamlessly. Each of the 3 users can ask Google Home, "Who am I?" and Home will respond with the name of the respective user. Voice recognition for the other 2 users is so much more accurate since they have to do their own Google Home voice training when setting up.

At present, I have Home Control linked on the first user's account/phone only. The other 2 users can voice control HS on Google Home without any problem. This part works great.

The problem is with Google Assistant integration/connection to Home Control. I've continued to play with this since the OP and I am still getting the same behavior, so I am guessing this is a current limitation.

With only the first user account/mobile linked to Home Control, the other 2 users cannot use Home Control from their mobile Google Assistant. The only way to make this work is to link Home Control on their phones. But when they do that, this breaks the link on Google Home and for the first user's Google Assistant.

I'll leave it at that and see if anyone else can either get it working, or confirm the above limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
        Been playing around with it for most of today. I've got 3 users on Google Home now and working as expected. It's really amazing to see Google Home switching accounts so seamlessly. Each of the 3 users can ask Google Home, "Who am I?" and Home will respond with the name of the respective user. Voice recognition for the other 2 users is so much more accurate since they have to do their own Google Home voice training when setting up.

At present, I have Home Control linked on the first user's account/phone only. The other 2 users can voice control HS on Google Home without any problem. This part works great.

The problem is with Google Assistant integration/connection to Home Control. I've continued to play with this since the OP and I am still getting the same behavior, so I am guessing this is a current limitation.

With only the first user account/mobile linked to Home Control, the other 2 users cannot use Home Control from their mobile Google Assistant. The only way to make this work is to link Home Control on their phones. But when they do that, this breaks the link on Google Home and for the first user's Google Assistant.

I'll leave it at that and see if anyone else can either get it working, or confirm the above limitation.
        I'm getting the same behavior too. Can't add home controls to the second user. I have homeseer link to the first user and works great. Everyone can use it at home. Then I tried linking hue. And works too. Of course I don't need hue linked since it's already linked to HS. So I unlink hue from first user and tried it on the second user but it won't let me link it. Figured it would since it not link to any other user.

Reason I would like to link hue to the second user is because it's the lights for the kids bedroom, and kitchen cabinets. so that's really all they need to have control for.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

not a lot of activity on this thread. Does this problem still lack a resolution? Is there anything we can do about this, seems like a big deal

problem:
          my wife google account linked to myhs under home automation
          or
          my google account linked to myhs under home automation

can't use both. Wishing to know more information.

Comment

Hi,
            See this post :
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=150

Jean-Francois.

Comment

I am the only one with HomeSeer linked under my Google Home account, but others can use it to control the same items I can. I am set to allow guests to use the device.

What would be the advantage of having multiple HomeSeer accounts connected?
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
              X