Options: HS3 or HS3Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options: HS3 or HS3Pro

Ok, looking for pros/cons, opinions on this.

As previously posted I'm looking for a new system. Considering the price of HS3 and HS3Pro is there really that much of a benefit to going with HS3Pro from the start? If so I would like to know rather than find out later.

I keep hearing about these awesome 50% off discounts that happen from what seems like a couple times a year. Should I just hold off and wait until the next promotion? If someone from sales reads this, you have a sale waiting....

But back to the HS3 or HS3Pro... which should I go for? Then there's the additional plugins, but that is what it is...

The biggest difference between HS3 and HS3 Pro is that pro comes with the HSTouch Designer. It also comes with all HomeSeer branded plugins as well as Z-Seer which is a Z-Wave visualization tool. Mark ( our sales manager ) just posted that a sell was going to start in May but I'm not exactly sure what all that encompasses.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      The biggest difference between HS3 and HS3 Pro is that pro comes with the HSTouch Designer. It also comes with all HomeSeer branded plugins as well as Z-Seer which is a Z-Wave visualization tool. Mark ( our sales manager ) just posted that a sell was going to start in May but I'm not exactly sure what all that encompasses.
      I don't think I need all of the HS plugins at this time as I only run z-wave and zigbee (zigbee not working fully but I'm ok with that). I do want HSTouch designer, unless there's a "better" alternative to give phone/tablet/dashboard type interface. I know there's ImperiHome, but I alas haven't really looked into it much.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        I don't think I need all of the HS plugins at this time as I only run z-wave and zigbee (zigbee not working fully but I'm ok with that). I do want HSTouch designer, unless there's a "better" alternative to give phone/tablet/dashboard type interface. I know there's ImperiHome, but I alas haven't really looked into it much.
        Most people choose Pro if they are going to use the Designer. You can trial any plugin for HS3 for 30 days for free so you should give the ImperiHome a try. I know that they started charging a fee and so many have left this plugin and moved back to HSTouch which works well but has a learning curve.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
          I do want HSTouch designer, unless there's a "better" alternative to give phone/tablet/dashboard type interface. I know there's ImperiHome, but I alas haven't really looked into it much.
          I use both HSTouch and ImperiHome. I find them to be complementary rather than substitutes for each other. There is also a new interface in development called HomeSeer Mobile. Since it doesn't exist yet, it's difficult to know how it will compare.

If you are planning to use HSTouch, though, then I highly recommend HSTouch Designer. You can make very sophisticated client designs with it - with patience and determination. (It's not an easy environment to work with and it has a significant learning curve.)
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I use both HSTouch and ImperiHome. I find them to be complementary rather than substitutes for each other. There is also a new interface in development called HomeSeer Mobile. Since it doesn't exist yet, it's difficult to know how it will compare.

If you are planning to use HSTouch, though, then I highly recommend HSTouch Designer. You can make very sophisticated client designs with it - with patience and determination. (It's not an easy environment to work with and it has a significant learning curve.)
            I'll have to take a more in depth look at ImperiHome. I seen it mentioned multiple times that they are starting to charge for it, so I may or may not be using it.

I haven't used the designer interface only seen images online. Looks like a GUI designer like others put out. I'm not a "designer" or even very artistic, but I should be able to piece something together

Comment

Working...
            X