Stopped Conneting to Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped Conneting to Hub

I'm having problems with one of my hubs. I can ping the hub and all works with direct interaction however the PI can't seem to connect.

Logs Attached.
    Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I'm having problems with one of my hubs. I can ping the hub and all works with direct interaction however the PI can't seem to connect.

Logs Attached.
    I'll be looking into this tonight

Comment

As a temporary fix, I have an event that runs every hour. Its function is to disconnect all hubs then connect them. So far, so good.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        As a temporary fix, I have an event that runs every hour. Its function is to disconnect all hubs then connect them. So far, so good.

Nothing allows the hub to connect via HS or the PI when it gets into this state.

The only way I was able to reestablish a connection was to power the hub down and restart.
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Logs Attached.

I checked the logs. It's just not responding. Do you have the phone app? If so, can you access the hub at the same time the plugin can't?

Normally when I see this issue it's on the hub's side or a networking issue (I really wish they had allowed for ethernet connections, even via an adapter like the chromecasts and fireTVs)

Comment

Nothing allows the hub to connect via HS or the PI when it gets into this state.

The only way I was able to reestablish a connection was to power the hub down and restart.
            so you're saying for that hub, if you restart the hub it will reconnect again and once it fails it won't connect again?

If so, can you get me a log of it running, failing to reconnect, restarting the hub and it connecting again?

Comment

Yes, yes, and will do. [emoji16]
              Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              so you're saying for that hub, if you restart the hub it will reconnect again and once it fails it won't connect again?

If so, can you get me a log of it running, failing to reconnect, restarting the hub and it connecting again?
              Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Ok so things have become a little more unstable. In addition to the above I've encountered one disconnect that would not recover on it's own, however I was able to restart the PI to get it connected.

I'm also getting missed functions. I'll see the fire in the logs, but that's it. No other log entries (that I can find) and no Harmony function.

The last one was today..

Logs and screenshot Attached.

Attached Files
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Update - after a day or so, one Hub will have a forced disconnect and will not connect via the PI. I have to restart the PI.
                  Michael

Comment

Rvtravlr,

Can you please share your event with us that disconnects and then reconnects the hubs every hour? With what I have been seeing this sounds like it just might work. Thanks Much......Rick

Comment

Update - after a day or so, one Hub will have a forced disconnect and will not connect via the PI. I have to restart the PI.
                      does it actually say "forcefully disconnected"? I'm trying to reproduce where it forcefully disconnects but does not set the device to the correct value, but I'm having a hard time reproducing it (not that I don't think it happens).

Comment

Ok so things have become a little more unstable. In addition to the above I've encountered one disconnect that would not recover on it's own, however I was able to restart the PI to get it connected.

I'm also getting missed functions. I'll see the fire in the logs, but that's it. No other log entries (that I can find) and no Harmony function.

The last one was today..

Logs and screenshot Attached.

For today's log:

I have not seen this before, but the plugin got in a loop where it was trying to connect twice. I didn't see in the logs though where you restarted it. It did at one point just start working again, but according to the logs it all happened within 1 second (from the last failure to the next one working). It's almost like it was still running when you restarted the plugin and then stopped. I had put in some code to try and attempt it have it not get in a situation where it connects from 2 different threads, I'll look at that code again tonight. This is all happening Asyncronously so if it fails twice and the second is before the first one kills the client, it could start up again and have 2 running. Like I said, I have a check to try and prevent this, but it appears it's still happening. I'll try and make that more robust.

For the log on 4/22:
                        Can you send me a screenshot of your settings? I want to see the time between reconnects. When the 4/22 file starts, the plugin had already tried to reconnect over 46,000 times. this is not normal unless for some reason the hubs were not on the network (your wifi went down or they were powered off).

For the 4/22-4/23 logs:
                        All seems pretty ok except towards the end (and this issue continues on into 4/24). It seems one hub is going down ever minute or so (or it's connection). It is saying that at some point the request is timing out (after 2 seconds).

I did see a plugin restart, but it appeared to work before the plugin was shut down and appeared to work after. I don't see any device commands being sent in either 4/22 or 4/23 files. I do see an activity start and then a hub entering power off state (turning all the AV equipment off). At the end of today's file, I see the same thing. I see an activity started and then powered off, but those messages in the logs are in response to messages from the hub. Can you be more specific when you say "functions"? do you mean starting of an activity?

I will have a version out tonight or tomorrow night (hopefully) with more debugging and hopefully re-enforced reconnect code to prevent the double attempts (which block each other and the hub will never fail). It seems your the plugin is failing to connect to your hub while opening the data stream, which should be sent back as a connection failure, but instead its being sent back as a connection disconnect (it shouldn't be connected yet).

Comment

@ServiceXP and @Rick Bonari,

Looking at the logs and the areas where it gets stuck in a loop and takes a while to reconnect, I see that it's not capturing it as a failed connect, but an unexpected disconnect.

I need to alter the code to capture this type of connection error so I can properly handle it instead of handling it like a disconnect.

I think this is a huge step forward and will hopefully solve a lot of the issues. I will be posting a version as soon as I can get it coded. Unfortunately, I may need to release a version for someone to test as I can't reproduce the issue here.

I'll be working on this tonight and tomorrow and try and get a version out ASAP for you two.

@Rvtravlr, I'm hoping this may fix your issues as well

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            SNIP

For the log on 4/22:
                            Can you send me a screenshot of your settings? I want to see the time between reconnects. When the 4/22 file starts, the plugin had already tried to reconnect over 46,000 times. this is not normal unless for some reason the hubs were not on the network (your wifi went down or they were powered off).

I did see a plugin restart, but it appeared to work before the plugin was shut down and appeared to work after. I don't see any device commands being sent in either 4/22 or 4/23 files. I do see an activity start and then a hub entering power off state (turning all the AV equipment off). At the end of today's file, I see the same thing. I see an activity started and then powered off, but those messages in the logs are in response to messages from the hub. Can you be more specific when you say "functions"? do you mean starting of an activity?

Screenshot of settings added.

Functions: What I mean in yesterdays case, When I enter my door code, and the system see's me, the event I posted above fires. All conditions are met but the activity never starts. The only entry in the logs I can find is the screenshot image.

This is happening on other events, the only common denominator is it's TV functions.

Hope that helps..

Attached Files
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

All, I have not forgotten you! We had a surprise visit from out of town family and I didn't get to the computer as much as I wanted. I am working on these fixes/logging now to get this resolved.

Sorry for the long wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X