No announcement yet.

Loosing connection to JR MediaCenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay did a lot of troubleshooting. I don't know how to disable the wifi direct on the firesticks so I just unplugged them. Still having the same issue.

Next I disabled the firewall, antivirus etc. and again the same issue.

Not sure where to go from here it all started happening after a windows update. The only thing I noticed was is that the disconnect always happens after exactly 1 hour.

I am able to detect when it disconnects now. I was going to restart the plugin automatically using the Jon00 script but this doesn't work for this plugin. So I this moment I restart homeseer after it looses connection. Not ideal a restart every hour.

Marcel
    Last edited by MdeMan; February 18, 2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MdeMan View Post
      Okay did a lot of troubleshooting. I don't know how to disable the wifi direct on the firesticks so I just unplugged them. Still having the same issue.

Next I disabled the firewall, antivirus etc. and again the same issue.

Not sure where to go from here it all started happening after a windows update. The only thing I noticed was is that the disconnect always happens after exactly 1 hour.

I am able to detect when it disconnects now. I was going to restart the plugin automatically using the Jon00 script but this doesn't work for this plugin. So I this moment I restart homeseer after it looses connection. Not ideal a restart every hour.

Marcel
      I think the Firesticks are a red herring, they may give you some errors but the issue is with your J-River. You write it is running on your server, are you using VMs? Are there multiple subnets or IP interfaces involved? Can you post a screenshot of your device table before and after they lose connectivity.

Dirk

Comment

Yes my J-river media center is running on the server. No VM's and no multiple IP's. Just using the multi zone functionality of this media player. I have 5 zones defined and they show up as individual players in Homeseer. Please find a screenshot of connected devices attached. At this moment I cannot attach the unconnected situation yet will do later. For some mysterious reasons it doesn't disconnect after an hour this morning.Update it disconnect after 3 hours this time. screenshot attached.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MdeMan; February 19, 2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I think I'm making some good progress here. I think you were correct the problem seems to be with JRMC. At this moment I'm only using the transport control to be able to control my players with homeseer. I'm not using the library server. It seems that if the library server is idle for an hour it disconnects all clients. I have a remote player running now using the library so there is communication on every song change. So far the system has been up and running for about 12 hours without disconnects. I will have to ask JR why this is implemented. Also I still don't understand why this suddenly starts happening.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Marcel

Comment

Celebrated to early just had a disconnect again. Needless to say that I'm very confused now.

Marcel

Comment

Okay finally results I think I got this resolved. The system is stable now and even if I cause a disconnect manually it automatically reconnects. JRMC was the problem. I never had a good look at the JRMC version after the windows update but somewhere in the process JRMC was updated as well. I went back to the old version and voila everything is fine again.

Regards
              Marcel

Comment

Working...
              X