Email with actual device tripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email with actual device tripped

Ok so I setup an email to email me when the alarm is set and disabled... also when tripped...

so I searched high and low.. i know i can put a $DS: and $DV: and the code... but... how do i just list the one that tripped?
    i dont want to list all 20-25 devices with status of enabled... or whatever...

appreciate it..
    Jeff

p.s. most likely a script.. so looking for someones script that they are willing to help me with...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Without knowing what alarm system / interface you are referring to, is there an individual device for each alarm function? In that case an event on device status change would identify it.
    Mike

Comment

As mentioned without knowing what alarm system you use it's difficult to know how to make it work for you. Personally I have a DSC system and using HST's own interface.

I have created a small script that runs through the devices and list all of those in alarm state.

Happy to share if this is the system you use as well?
      Nicolai L

Comment

well your both right.. i didnt say what i have.. but have contributed to a thread enough ... and in my sig.. the point of the sig... sig is to tell u what im running..

i figured concord plugin would be enough to say..
        concord 4 plugin..

the device.. depends...
        Attached Files

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

There is probably a way to get the Concord box to identify which zone triggered the alarm, but I don't have any experience with it, so can't help there. Another option would be to run a script before sending the email that checks each possible zone device for its current state and last change looking for the zone that is open or the most recently changed.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
            well your both right.. i didnt say what i have.. but have contributed to a thread enough ... and in my sig.. the point of the sig... sig is to tell u what im running..
            Mmm, well that's me told. I must admit I never pay much attention to sigs. I guess I should change that ...

I don't know Concord, but you do have a "Last Zone Faulted" device. Have you checked to see if this is updated with an alarming zone if you trip the alarm? Or is it only used for zones that are reporting an actual fault??

Nicolai
            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              Mmm, well that's me told. I must admit I never pay much attention to sigs. I guess I should change that ...

I don't know Concord, but you do have a "Last Zone Faulted" device. Have you checked to see if this is updated with an alarming zone if you trip the alarm? Or is it only used for zones that are reporting an actual fault??

Nicolai
              Like duhhh. I can use the house code of that device... Didnt think of it... Well will set it up later... Got to drive home in am...

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                As mentioned without knowing what alarm system you use it's difficult to know how to make it work for you. Personally I have a DSC system and using HST's own interface.

I have created a small script that runs through the devices and list all of those in alarm state.

Happy to share if this is the system you use as well?
                Hi Nicilail

would you mind sharing the script

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                USB UIRT
                Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                2GIG Thermostat
                BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                BLUPS
                UltraLog (SQL2008)
                Jon00 Plugins
                Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                Global Cache IP2IR
                Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Sure, Mark. Here goes.

I use an event to call the DSCZoneAlerting procedure when the alarm is tripped. This will then call the detailed alerting script three times so that you get three separately timed email with the status at that point in time.

This will give you a better chance of determining if this is a false alert or if something is truly wrong.

Cheers
                  NicolaiL
                  Attached Files
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Thanks nicolail!

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                    USB UIRT
                    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                    2GIG Thermostat
                    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                    BLUPS
                    UltraLog (SQL2008)
                    Jon00 Plugins
                    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                    Global Cache IP2IR
                    Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...