Unit:10 On / Unit:10 Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit:10 On / Unit:10 Off

Having started afresh with my rfxcom devices, I've added a Homeeasy HE311 dawn dusk sensor & HE305 magnetic switch, and both have a status prefixed with "Unit:10", any ideas? This means I can't test for "on" and "off" in events as it's "Unit:10 On" etc. I don't think they used to have this sort of status prior to me recreating my rfxcom devices.

Thanks

Is the checkbox "Use On/Off status for AC remotes" enabled on the Input dev configuration page?

Comment

No it wasn't checked, should I check it then delete and re-create the devices concerned?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, check the box, delete and create the HomeEasy remotes.

No need to change HomeEasy Output devices!

For controlling lights:
        Do not use HomeEasy door/window switches and motion sensors because they produce too much RF and disturb other sensors.
        Better is to use X10 DS90 door/window and MS13 motion sensors. Or use MCT302 Visonic door/window sensors.

For security use X10 or even better 868.95MHz Visonic sensors.

Comment

OK Bert thanks for the tips on the HE devices. I didn't know they were so strong on transmit? I tend to use the HE magnetic door sensors just to measure when various things are open, closed or last used, to get the state of the house, in situations where my X10 PIR (MS13) and Visonic PIR aren't suited. I presume this is OK and wont interfere?

Comment

I guess it may work OK for that purpose.
            But do use those sensors to switch a light that is controlled by the RFXCOM RF transmitter. The transmitter will wait until the HE sensor stops transmitting and this will introduce a delay of 3 to 5 seconds.
            The transmitter has to wait because if two RF transmitters are transmitting at the same time both are disturbed. If you switch an X10 module via a CM11 it will operate OK when using the HE sensors.

Comment

Thanks for the info, this sort of insight helps with the system design.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                I guess it may work OK for that purpose.
                But do use those sensors to switch a light that is controlled by the RFXCOM RF transmitter. The transmitter will wait until the HE sensor stops transmitting and this will introduce a delay of 3 to 5 seconds.
                The transmitter has to wait because if two RF transmitters are transmitting at the same time both are disturbed. If you switch an X10 module via a CM11 it will operate OK when using the HE sensors.
                Actually, even if you use HomeEasy remotes and buttons to power on or off another HomeSeer device, the RFXCOM transmitter is still faster than the CM11.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                X