No announcement yet.

Arduino Uno interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't done this with Aurdino; but I did do it with Flyport. It is a smaller board which has a wifi interface and general IO. Arduino is probably better for applications where more processing power is needed. General C code can also be used on the Flyport.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

God im a pain!

Now this:

24/07/2012 20:05:15 - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetParameterCountException: Parameter count mismatch. at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)

Comment

Originally posted by supergee View Post
        God im a pain!

Now this:

24/07/2012 20:05:15 - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetParameterCountException: Parameter count mismatch. at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
        It's not you being a pain trust me - it is my code that I should really test beforehand...I am not sure exactly where that error is coming from (I am terrible for mixing bits of old VB and vb.net and then not learning newer .net commands) but it is worthwhile testing whether the array has populated and it's boundaries. Try changing this little section to this;

Code:
        hs.writelog("Page Check", Page)

TSplit = Page.Split("|")

'then TSplit will contain the temperatures in order that they came from the above data

hs.writelog("Upper Boundary", UBound(TSplit))

'For i As Integer = 0 to 4
        'hs.setdevicestring(HC & (DC + i), TSplit(i) & "°C", True)
        'hs.setdevicestring(HC & (DC + i), (Convert.ToInt32(TSplit(i) * 100)))
        'Next
        If the log does not get any message starting upper boundary then the error is before

Comment

Oh dear,

It was my fault the first line you gave me:

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
          i managed to change to:
          Sub main()

Just changed it back and the device status' are now populated, many thanks I will have a play with this now and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my terrible attention to detail.

Comment

Good catch, I missed that above. Thats part of the fun (yeah OK) of programming, one line missed and it can ruin your day. No worries - glad you got it working in the end.

Comment

Yep all good,

Next to read the DI's and send DO's I want to set up some way of logging these temps first though, but great first start.

Thanks

Comment

Wanted to see how you were getting on with this, i was able to control the arduino from homeseer but i want to read from it now, could you share all or part of your arduino code or explain how the temps are sent over?

here is my post if you are interested:
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=arduino

Raptor
                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  I expanded my script to be a true HS plugin, but have not released it to the community. It is a serial communication, though - not ethernet. I use it to only control relays on a relay shield. I was hoping to release it as an HS3 plugin when the time comes.
                  There's nothing for HS2 that I'm aware of. Is your serial HS plugin available?

Comment

No, I never migrated it to hs3. Even on the hs2 side, the plugin would crash and I never figured it out. Hs3 came along and I moved onto other plugins. Serial plugins are very difficult to master

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                    X