Raspberry Pi as a digital RGB LED strip controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spud,

whats your price on the assembled units ?
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
      Spud,
      whats your price on the assembled units ?
      depends of the size of the LED strip you want
      I think I will charge:
      for a 1 meter strip: $160
      for a 2 meter strip: $200
      for a 3 meter strip: $230
      for a 4 meter strip: $260
      for a 5 meter strip: $290
      + shipping

It will include
      - Raspberry Pi model B
      - Raspberry Pi case
      - SD card 8 GB
      - Digital RGB LED Strip LPD8806 ( 32 LED / meter)
      - Power supply capable of powering both the strip and the pi
      - Cables and connectors needed to assembly the whole thing

Everything will be assembled and will fit in the case.
      All the softwares will be preinstalled and configured.

Optionnally I can add a USB wifi module to connect the Pi via wifi rather than ethernet.

Comment

Spud,

email sent I'll be your first customer!!!

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Here is a pic and a quick video of the light effects you can get with such a unit.
          It looks REALLY REALLY much better in real life than in the video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hyperion.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1171740

Comment

plugin available

the plugin for hyperion is now available here: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1193

Comment

I have started putting Spuds Digital light controllers and XBMC to use. today I am installing my second unit and they have been really amazing. The luminescence with video play from XBMC on these controllers is amazing. It has also been great for relaxing mood lighting with easy control through the plug in. I have also found that the different color sequences built in to the plug in make a very nice way to notify you of events in your home. for instance after a set time at night if my garage doors are opened it will run a red chasing sequence to alert me that they are open of if one of my water leak sensors detects a problem it will flash blue. just a few examples of how it can be used the update in color changes is real time with no lag. in combining this with Spuds XBMC plugin and the Aripaly Speak plug in it is even more powerful it allows to TTS announcements to be easily played on these devices as well and if you are watching a movie when you pause it to get a drink or a snack it can brighten the room with a soft glow to light your way. The possibilities with these little devices is only limited by you imagination. I can see one of these eventually in every room of my home for accent lighting features. These offer far more functionallity over the standard WIFI led controllers the digital LEDs are remarkable in color and effects

Cheers Ken

Comment

spud,

your plugin is specifically for controlling the hyperion software on a raspberry pi and not another implementation of "Ambilight" on other hardware such as Arduino, correct?

Do you know of any Ambilight on Arduino through HS3 that work?

I've never messed with Arduino or the raspberry pi so I'm not sure which is best for this, but what I've seen with your example is awesome! Will I need the android app for any part of the setup, or can I build it as you have and directly control it all with homeseer? (no android devices in my home)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
                  spud,

your plugin is specifically for controlling the hyperion software on a raspberry pi and not another implementation of "Ambilight" on other hardware such as Arduino, correct?

Do you know of any Ambilight on Arduino through HS3 that work?

I've never messed with Arduino or the raspberry pi so I'm not sure which is best for this, but what I've seen with your example is awesome! Will I need the android app for any part of the setup, or can I build it as you have and directly control it all with homeseer? (no android devices in my home)

Thanks!
                  The plugin is designed to control the hyperion software, but hyperion support many different LED lights and "Ambilight implementation": Philips Hue, Adalight, boblight, etc...

I have never tested it, but Adalight is an Ambilight library from Adafruits which runs on an Arduino: https://learn.adafruit.com/adalight-...hting/overview

You don't need the android app to setup, it's just a remote control that connects to the Hyperion server exactly as the plugin does.

Comment

new thread and new prices for Raspberry Pi kits here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172732

Comment

Working...
                    X