This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaspberryIO - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to allow HomeSeer to configure, monitor and control the GPIO of a Raspberry Pi. It works with any version of Raspberry Pi.
    The plugin needs to be installed and run on the Raspberry Pi itself, so if you don't use a RPi as your HS3 controller ( i.e a HomeTroller Zee), then you will need to run the plugin remotely, see User Guide for more details

Please report any bug.

Changes to v3.0.0.14
    - Monitor output pins status in case another program change them
    - Fixed problem with output pins being set at startup

Changes to v3.0.0.13
    - Added support for RPi 3B+
    - Added Shutdown and Reboot event actions

Changes to v3.0.0.12
    - added a Name column in config, that rename the device creates.

Changes to v3.0.0.11
    - Fixed toggle control

Changes to v3.0.0.10
    - Added support for most recent version of RPi Zero W

Changes to v3.0.0.9
    - Fixed problem with RPi 3 introduced in 3.0.0.8

Changes to v3.0.0.8
    - Fixed problem with new Linux kernel reporting RPi cpu differently.

Changes to v3.0.0.7
    - Fixed "System is not a RaspberryPi" error

Changes to v3.0.0.6
    - Added pulse control for output pins with a user configurable pulse duration

Changes to v3.0.0.5
    - Fixed HS device duplication

Changes to v3.0.0.4
    - Added "Reversed" flag to reverse On/Off values of a Pin

Changes to v3.0.0.3
    - Fixed support for Raspberry Pi B3

Changes to v3.0.0.2
    - Fixed error when switching pin direction form Output to "Not Used"
    - Ouput pins are now initialized with the last known value, instead of being set to Off at startup
    - Added better debug logs
    Last edited by spud; November 16, 2018, 12:48 PM.

Here is some screenshots of the configuration and device screens:

Click image for larger version

Name:	config.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	1187029

Name:	devices.png
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1187030

Comment

This is just what I've been looking for.
      I plan to run HS on a pc, and access a remote pi. Will you be able to control multiple Pi's?

Comment

Hey Spud....

Good work mate....very keen to see how this goes....I'll have a go when you post up the details on how to run it on a separate PI.

Cheers..Pete
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Instructions to run the plugin remotely are now available in the User Guide.

To control multiple Pi, you just need to run one instance of the plug-in on each Pi, and choose a different instance name for each one.
          Last edited by spud; September 13, 2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Spud

Any plans to do "I'm alive" sensing between the RPI and HS box ?
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Spud

Cant seem to load the plugin...from the LOG

Sep-14 22:15:07 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44858
              Sep-14 22:15:07 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

The raspberryPI debug doesnt show any successful connection..however it did manage to get the PI-Name and IP address.

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                Spud

Cant seem to load the plugin...from the LOG

Sep-14 22:15:07 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44858
                Sep-14 22:15:07 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

The raspberryPI debug doesnt show any successful connection..however it did manage to get the PI-Name and IP address.

Pete
                have you installed the plug-in on your HS3 machine? You need to, even if it is a windows machine, otherwise HS3 cannot handle the licensing stuff.

Comment

Spud

I've added the overide file and the zip file as instructed on my windows 7 HS box. I press updated listings and the window just sits there..

I log in the log file and I see the following:

Sep-14 22:33:15 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:45010
                  Sep-14 22:33:15 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
                  Sep-14 22:32:43 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:45006
                  Sep-14 22:32:43 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
                  Sep-14 22:32:11 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:45002
                  Sep-14 22:32:11 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
                  Sep-14 22:31:39 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44998
                  Sep-14 22:31:39 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
                  Sep-14 22:31:07 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44994
                  Sep-14 22:31:07 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
                  Sep-14 22:30:35 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44990
                  Sep-14 22:30:35 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
                  Sep-14 22:30:03 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44986
                  Sep-14 22:30:03 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

On the RaspberryPI debug screen I see:

Cannot connect(2):Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                  Waiting 30 seconds before trying to reconnect

Over and over...
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Spud

I've added the overide file and the zip file as instructed on my windows 7 HS box. I press updated listings and the window just sits there..
                    the updater_override.txt must go in the HS3 root folder, but the zip file must go in Updates3/Zips

then after you click on "Update Listings" you need to click the yellow arrow on the left of "additional interfaces" and then the one on the left of "Test Plugin". Then click the install checkbox and then the "Download and Install" button.

Name:	install.png
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1187066

Comment

Just trying to get an updated listing of plugins from HS....getting nothing so not sure if their service is running....
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        the updater_override.txt must go in the HS3 root folder, but the zip file must go in Updates3/Zips

then after you click on "Update Listings" you need to click the yellow arrow on the left of "additional interfaces" and then the one on the left of "Test Plugin". Then click the install checkbox and then the "Download and Install" button.
                        [ATTACH]56555[/ATTACH]
                        Spud, did exactly as you instructed......not getting the same result as you. I'm just trying to get an update from HS ie: Update listing and NOTHING is coming from HS site after removing the update file...

Its sitting there "downloading control file" and normally you see the bar move to the right as it gets data... I'm getting nothing, just sitting there...
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Just trying to get an updated listing of plugins from HS....getting nothing so not sure if their service is running....
                          if you have the updater_override.txt in your HS3 folder, the updater does not contact Homeseer servers, it directly read this file which contains only the info for the RaspberryIO (see screenshot above)

Comment

Spud, did exactly as you instructed......not getting the same result as you. I'm just trying to get an update from HS ie: Update listing and NOTHING is coming from HS site after removing the update file...

Its sitting there "downloading control file" and normally you see the bar move to the right as it gets data... I'm getting nothing, just sitting there...
                            well... that's weird

anyway one workaround is to install manually:
                            - unzip the zip from the first post
                            - copy HSPI_RaspberryIO.exe and HSPI_RaspberryIO.exe.config in your HS3 root folder
                            - copy all the dlls in bin\RaspberryIO
                            - unzip images.zip and copy the RaspberryIO dir in html\images

Comment

Spud, yup I get this....so it can enable the plugin and doesnt connect to HS for licence validity information ?

So right now if I do a regular "update listing", I dont get to see any additional interfaces ie: it doesnt seem to be able to get the control file.

If I put in your overwrite file, restart HS and update listing, I see NOTHING in additional interfaces...

I'm pretty ok with how this should work, I've installed lots of other plugins including using over_ride files....Funny I'm still getting errors in the log fileabout the plugin but I see nothing about the plugin in the installed (remote plugin) page....
                              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                              X