Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the plug in. I am looking to test it out over the next week. I did have one question, would it be possible to also use your plug in to interface with the CHIP, https://getchip.com/pages/chip

Comment

Originally posted by JHughes View Post
      Thank you for the plug in. I am looking to test it out over the next week. I did have one question, would it be possible to also use your plug in to interface with the CHIP, https://getchip.com/pages/chip
      No I don't think it would work with this board

Comment

moving in the fog

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I think you need to install the Mono VB libraries:

Code:
        sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
        Im struggling with such an error:
        any idea where I making mistake. Could you pls make some pointing with direction.
        I'm trying to run on RPI 3 B
        Unhandled Exception:
        System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HSCF.CollectionsSCF.ThreadSafeSortedList`2[System.Int32,HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Service.IScsServ iceClient]' from assembly 'HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.HSPI..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) HSPI_RaspberryIO.HSPI:.ctor ()
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.Program.MainLoop (System.String ipAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HSCF.CollectionsSCF.ThreadSafeSortedList`2[System.Int32,HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Service.IScsServ iceClient]' from assembly 'HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.HSPI..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) HSPI_RaspberryIO.HSPI:.ctor ()
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.Program.MainLoop (System.String ipAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        Last edited by frenchgrey; December 17, 2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Just a guess make sure that HS3 is not running when you are updating Mono. I am guessing you already followed the process of updating mono per rich...

Throw the mono kitchen sink at it. That said you cannot break anything doing this.

Base Rich stuff is: (you already know this)

apt-get install mono-vbnc
          apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0.cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0.cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil

Adds for the kitchen sink would be: (been documented here on the HS forum)

apt-get mono-complete
          apt-get install mono-xsp4

and check then maybe add:

apt-get mono-devel

BTW your post got a bit buried here and it would get more attention above under HS3 / Linux / RPi2-3 sections.
          Last edited by Pete; December 18, 2016, 12:55 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by MFULLER View Post
            ...A small feature request
            If possible can the "toggle" button be configurable as a pulse? e.g you press toggle and it pulses the output once (e.g open/closed) in like half a second. Maybe have a configuration option that when enabled "Enable Pulse" the toggle option actually becomes "Pulse".
            It would save people having to press on/off or toggle twice to pulse an output to a different system ...
            I too am interested in sending a 1 second pulse as I want to interface a key-fob like RF transmitter that has lock and unlock buttons on it. This FOB works best with a 1 second key press.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeletti View Post
              I too am interested in sending a 1 second pulse as I want to interface a key-fob like RF transmitter that has lock and unlock buttons on it. This FOB works best with a 1 second key press.
              I will add a pulse control button, and make the pulse time configurable from the config page

Comment

in version 3.0.0.6 I have added a button to "pulse" an output pin. The pulse duration is configurable for each pin from the config page, default duration is 1000ms.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  in version 3.0.0.6 I have added a button to "pulse" an output pin. The pulse duration is configurable for each pin from the config page, default duration is 1000ms.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Question to SPUD

I have been running Jessie lite on the RPi2 and it runs fine for about a month or two then crashes.

The RPi2 is just a Z-Wave slave and now maybe a 1-wire hub. When it ran Wheezy / Z-Wave I have had a problem with it.

Today looking to install original Wheezy on the RPi2 and wondering if you have tested your plugin on Wheezy?

I have installed the original Wheezy on the RPi version 1 and it is doing fine.

Tried this morning to install Wheezy on the RPi2 and having issues. IE: I am just writing the image to an SD card using Linux and it will not boot for whatever reason.

OK so switched to W7, formatted the SD card and used w32 disk imager and it worked the first time. Odd that Ubuntu 16.04 would not write the image correctly to the SD card. Even did the DD thing and it didn't boot.
                    Last edited by Pete; June 26, 2017, 12:31 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@Spud,

Looking to do pulse counting using a little lightning sensor board with your application. Connection is simple with three wires (3.3VCC, Ground and GPIO2)

It is more just to sense a local pulse. I am currently doing this with a little python script.

Just remotely connecting your plugin to one of two HS3 boxes (using Zee lite HS3 for testing). Zee Lite today is running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

I am testing on an old RPi (original Zee) with Wheezy installed on a 2G SD card. Yesterday ran out of space on SD card installing Mono so moving it to a 4Gb SD card today. 4Gb sd cards did no work for me here.

Base RPi wheezy without mono is around 3 Gb. Mono-Complete pushes it to over 4Gb so ended up ordered a few 16Gb SD cards as all I had here for testing were 32Gb SD cards.

Still wanting to test your plugin on the original RPi Zee so switched over to installing Mono 3.12. Size of mono-complete installation download is only around 280 Mb compared to over 900Mb with Mono 5.X.
                      Last edited by Pete; June 28, 2017, 02:40 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        @Spud,

Looking to do pulse counting using a little lightning sensor board with your application. Connection is simple with three wires (3.3VCC, Ground and GPIO2)

It is more just to sense a local pulse. I am currently doing this with a little python script.

Just remotely connecting your plugin to one of two HS3 boxes (using Zee lite HS3 for testing). Zee Lite today is running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

I am testing on an old RPi (original Zee) with Wheezy installed on a 2G SD card. Yesterday ran out of space on SD card installing Mono so moving it to a 4Gb SD card today. 4Gb sd cards did no work for me here.

Base RPi wheezy without mono is around 3 Gb. Mono-Complete pushes it to over 4Gb so ended up ordered a few 16Gb SD cards as all I had here for testing were 32Gb SD cards.

Still wanting to test your plugin on the original RPi Zee so switched over to installing Mono 3.12. Size of mono-complete installation download is only around 280 Mb compared to over 900Mb with Mono 5.X.
                        Hey Pete,
                        sorry for the delay.
                        If the RaspberryIO plug-in is running remotely on a RPi with mono 3.x, then you need it to talk to a HS3 running on Linux with mono 3.x
                        If it is running on a RPi with mono 4.x or later, it can talk to a windows HS3
                        or a Linux HS3 running mono 4.x or later.

Comment

Is it possible in a future revision to get the root device to show connectivity status so I can alarm on lost connectivity?

Comment

I need some help. Trying to get the plugin working on a remote pi.
                            I keep getting this error. I have tried updating mono as shown below.
                            I have installed the remote and the plugin on the HS system as per the first post in this thread and the user guide
                            What am I missing? Thanks
                            Bruce

Raspberry PI terminal

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ ./run.sh

Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: alarmpanel starting...
                            Connecting to server at 10.0.0.215...
                            Connection attempt #1
                            Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                            Sep-18 19:57:41 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.11
                            Sep-18 19:57:47 INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2709 processor
                            Sep-18 19:57:47 INFO Firmware rev10625154, board model B3 (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
                            Sep-18 19:57:47 INFO Serial number: 00000000b52d1f72
                            Sep-18 19:57:47 ERROR Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException: Exception of type 'Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException' was thrown.
                            at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.ThrowOnError[TException] (System.IntPtr result) [0x00012] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.Create (System.IntPtr address, System.UInt32 size, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryProtection protection, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryFlags memoryflags, System.Int32 fileDescriptor, System.UInt32 offset) [0x00017] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriver..ctor () [0x0004e] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.GetBestDr iver (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriverCapabilitie s capabilities) [0x0000a] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.get_Defau ltDriver () [0x0002f] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings..ctor () [0x00006] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings settings, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x0001c] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                            at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x00000] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                            at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.<Init>b__49_0 () [0x000ca] in <545c2516a5504395aa71caa7c9deb039>:0

HS Log

Sep-18 7:57:47 PM RaspberryIO

ERROR Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException: Exception of type 'Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException' was thrown. at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.ThrowOnError[TException] (System.IntPtr result) [0x00012] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0 at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.Create (System.IntPtr address, System.UInt32 size, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryProtection protection, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryFlags memoryflags, System.Int32 fileDescriptor, System.UInt32 offset) [0x00017] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriver..ctor () [0x0004e] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.GetBestDr iver (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriverCapabilitie s capabilities) [0x0000a] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.get_Defau ltDriver () [0x0002f] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings..ctor () [0x00006] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings settings, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x0001c] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.b__49_0 () [0x000ca] in <545c2516a5504395aa71caa7c9deb039>:0

HS Help

Current Date/Time: 9/18/2017 7:59:08 PM
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318
                            Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 22 Hours 41 Minutes 53 Seconds
                            IP Address: 10.0.0.215
                            Number of Devices: 220
                            Number of Events: 74
                            Available Threads: 391

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                            3.0.4.3: SDJ-Health
                            3.0.0.73: weatherXML
                            3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ mono --version
                            Mono JIT compiler version 5.2.0.215 (tarball Mon Aug 14 16:25:12 UTC 2017)
                            Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                            TLS: __thread
                            SIGSEGV: normal
                            Notifications: epoll
                            Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
                            Disabled: none
                            Misc: softdebug
                            LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                            GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $ mono --version
                            Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)
                            Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                            GC: sgen

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
                              I need some help. Trying to get the plugin working on a remote pi.
                              I keep getting this error. I have tried updating mono as shown below.
                              I have installed the remote and the plugin on the HS system as per the first post in this thread and the user guide
                              What am I missing? Thanks
                              Bruce

Raspberry PI terminal

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ ./run.sh

Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: alarmpanel starting...
                              Connecting to server at 10.0.0.215...
                              Connection attempt #1
                              Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                              Sep-18 19:57:41 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.11
                              Sep-18 19:57:47 INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2709 processor
                              Sep-18 19:57:47 INFO Firmware rev10625154, board model B3 (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
                              Sep-18 19:57:47 INFO Serial number: 00000000b52d1f72
                              Sep-18 19:57:47 ERROR Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException: Exception of type 'Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException' was thrown.
                              at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.ThrowOnError[TException] (System.IntPtr result) [0x00012] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.Create (System.IntPtr address, System.UInt32 size, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryProtection protection, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryFlags memoryflags, System.Int32 fileDescriptor, System.UInt32 offset) [0x00017] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriver..ctor () [0x0004e] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.GetBestDr iver (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriverCapabilitie s capabilities) [0x0000a] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.get_Defau ltDriver () [0x0002f] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings..ctor () [0x00006] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings settings, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x0001c] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                              at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x00000] in <de882e835bca431da477d9e83099fb88>:0
                              at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.<Init>b__49_0 () [0x000ca] in <545c2516a5504395aa71caa7c9deb039>:0

HS Log

Sep-18 7:57:47 PM RaspberryIO

ERROR Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException: Exception of type 'Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMapFailedException' was thrown. at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.ThrowOnError[TException] (System.IntPtr result) [0x00012] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0 at Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryMap.Create (System.IntPtr address, System.UInt32 size, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryProtection protection, Raspberry.IO.Interop.MemoryFlags memoryflags, System.Int32 fileDescriptor, System.UInt32 offset) [0x00017] in <8241fed7a24249b3b5139c88cb92ad83>:0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriver..ctor () [0x0004e] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.GetBestDr iver (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionDriverCapabilitie s capabilities) [0x0000a] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings.get_Defau ltDriver () [0x0002f] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings..ctor () [0x00006] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnectionSettings settings, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x0001c] in :0 at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] pins) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.b__49_0 () [0x000ca] in <545c2516a5504395aa71caa7c9deb039>:0

HS Help

Current Date/Time: 9/18/2017 7:59:08 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318
                              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 22 Hours 41 Minutes 53 Seconds
                              IP Address: 10.0.0.215
                              Number of Devices: 220
                              Number of Events: 74
                              Available Threads: 391

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                              3.0.4.3: SDJ-Health
                              3.0.0.73: weatherXML
                              3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ mono --version
                              Mono JIT compiler version 5.2.0.215 (tarball Mon Aug 14 16:25:12 UTC 2017)
                              GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $ mono --version
                              Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)
                              GC: sgen
                              you need to run the plugin with root privileges, so to start it try

Code:
                              sudo ./run.sh

Comment

Well, that did it. Thank you very much. feel a little sheepish about
                                missing that.
                                Look forward to now reading the inputs from my pi
                                Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X