RC-80 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC-80 Question

I just ordered a RC-80 and will be using that beautiful new plug-in.

Could someone please answer this question.

If I my schedule is 80 degress during the day and 75 degress starting at 10pm untill 8am.

If I send a hold command at 9:45pm I'm assuming that the temperature will stay at 80 even after 10pm.

So, what will happen if I release the hold at 10:30pm?

Will the thermostat know that it needs to set the temperature to 75 becasue its now past 10pm

Thanks

>>Will the thermostat know that it needs to set the temperature to 75 becasue its now past 10pm

No. The thermostat is not smart enough to "catch up" with your desired setting for 10pm once that time has passed. The next set-point change will not happen until 8am (in your example).

Dennis

Comment

One of the later version of the plug-in added an API method to the thermostat object called ActivateSchedule. Unfortunately the documentation has not caught up with the plug-in yet.

ActivateSchedule will set the thermostat's Cool and Heat Set Points to the values in the active schedule. It was originally added because the thermostats do not update the CSP and HSP immediately when a new schedule is loaded.

You could set up an event that was triggered by the thermostat "Hold Disabled" that could run the following single line script:

&hs.plugin("HAI RC Thermostat").thermostats.Item(1).ActivateSchedule

The 1 in the Item above is the number of the thermostat.

Alan

Comment

Alan, that is beautiful. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi all
          Im new in this
          I already buy a omni II controller plus 6 RC 80.
          I want the omnipro II for wiring, but i didnt found how
          Every RC80 will control a baseboard heating zone with its own circulator
          Also I want to use homeseer to manage throug web the temperature set points

Does any body has a wiring diagram? and comment on homseer capabilities for this installation?

Comment

You have a lot of questions that need answering before you even get to the HomeSeer part of this.

IF you have the correct RC series thermostats, and after they are wired up and working correctly with the HVAC system, then you can connect the 3 wires from the thermostat for communications and bring it back to either your HomeSeer PC or to the HAI panel. You see, RC series thermostats can be controlled from an HAI system (and thus through the HomeSeer HAI Plug-In) or through a plug-in dedicated to the HAI thermostats that is almost done and is going to be put into production soon. If you use the thermostat plug-in, then the thermostats connect to the PC.

The HAI website has installation and user manuals on how to wire and configure the thermostats for both options.
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
              This seems to be no great secret to everyone but me. I cannot for the life of me find out how to interface the RS-80 Communications cable to a DB9 for a com port on my PC.

The HAI website says the info is there, but I cannot manage to find it. It isn't in the installation or user manual.

HELP!!!
              Thanks!
              Carl C.

Comment

Carl,
                Here is what the doc says and how I hooked up my thermostats:

If using a DB-9F connector:
                1. On the DB-9F connector: Connect pins 7 and 8 together. (RTS and CTS)
                2. On the DB-9F connector: Connect pins 1, 6 and 4 together. (DCD, DTR and DSR)
                3. Connect pin 4 of the DB-9F to the YELLOW wire on the thermostat plug (DTR)
                4. Connect pin 3 of the DB-9F to the GREEN wire on the thermostat plug (TXD)
                5. Connect pin 2 of the DB-9F to the RED wire on the thermostat plug (RXD)
                6. Connect pin 5 of the DB-9F to the BLACK wire on the thermostat plug. (GND)

If I remember correctly, I Emailed HAI and they sent me all the doc.

Alan

Comment

Thanks so much, Alan! You don't know how much time I spent on the web trying to find this info! Even on this message board, I couldn't seem to find it. Thanks!

Comment

It's kinda hard to find but it's located here.
                    Serial Wiring List

Look at Figure 3

I also found this
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Gene!
                      Seems like there was a link on the HAI website, but it just took me to another page which didn't show this -- only the product info page.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X