Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skibum,
    Looking at the script, did you leave this line in:

If Mode = "Heat" and (SetPoint < "60" or SetPoint > "89") then Help Room,Mode : exit sub

This looks to me like it would stop the HSP from being set to 57.

I'd like to see what the HS log has in it.

Alan

Comment

The 57 thing was an aside....

I have only tried setting within the given range.

Comment

OK... here is what appears to be happening...

Once the old and new setpoints are announced, and I am asked yes/no, even with no input, I go directly to command complete.

Comment

Also:

Temperatures of the room, and setpoint are read from status incorrectly each being usually 1 degree low but it is occasionally correct, and system status is correct.

Very odd.

Also I am unable to switch modes.

Comment

Skibum,
            All the temperatures in the plug-in are maintainied as real (non-integer) values. I see that Scott has some statements like this in his script:

int(hs.plugin("HAI RC Thermostat").thermostats.Item(CLng(Room)).HeatSetpoint)

This will truncate the temperature returned by the thermostat, not round it. Try changing these lines to:

int(hs.plugin("HAI RC Thermostat").thermostats.Item(CLng(Room)).HeatSetpoint+0.5)

The +0.5 will assure that the values are rounded as you expect they should be.

How are you trying to change mode? I do not see any lines in the script that deals with switching the mode to heat or cool. Is this what you are trying to do?

As far as the Yes/No stuff, I do not know, but it looks like Scott is doing this over the phone using HSP. Is this also what you are doing?

Alan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skibum:
              OK... here is what appears to be happening...

Once the old and new setpoints are announced, and I am asked yes/no, even with no input, I go directly to command complete. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the yes/no prompts a now answer is the same as no/cancel and will just end. you have to answer 'yes' to get it to set. Perhaps this is the issue.

Also the '1' for the device is the device code... it is set at the thermostat, using the installers code "prog three times thne the fan button" I forget which option but it is the tstat number, and I beleive it defaults to '1' - this is only a concern if you changed it.

I rounded the devices to the nearest full deg... just a preference issue. If you want the added digit then do the modification Alan stated...

The program I have does nothing for switching modes. It only does fan on/off(auto) and heat and cool setpoints.

Comment

All I have been able to do successfully is to call for status. I cannot change the setpoint. As I said it seems to be skipping over the yes/no confirmation for some reason.

And Scott

I am trying to say yes... But it continues after only maybe 3 seconds.

Comment

Sorry, not trying to change modes... trying to set coolpoints as well as heat.

Comment

Please post your HS and HSP logs...

Are you using this with HSP? if so then what version?

also turn on logging in the script...

Modify these lines:
                    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                    sub main

hs.nolog = TRUE
                    DebugMode = FALSE

' Voice Commands as entered in the event.
                    </pre>
                    to look like this:
                    sub main
                    hs.nolog = FALSE
                    DebugMode = TRUE

' Voice Commands as entered in the event.
                    </pre>

For the yes/no prompts does it BONG? try setting the heat to 79 and tell me what happens. It should go to the same type yes/no prompt.

Comment

After looking this over again, I have another idea and am 94.85% sure this is the problem. If you are not using this with HSP and Way2Call then delete this line: (line 115)
                      if hsp.handsetonhook(1) = TRUE then AskYesNo = "CANCEL" : exit do
                      </pre>

Comment

Scott

That would be the issue

I am now able to set the setpoints.

Alan

What I do not understand is how the setpoints could NOT be a whole number? I set the setpoint to 71, and it reports at 70. I'm sure that your mod will fix this.. but I was wondering why it's necessary?

Comment

so how are you using it? HSP amd modem? mics?

Comment

Sorry, Scott

I am using it via PA-3 mikes. So far so good, with the exception of a few times when I missed the window to say "yes" and the script locked, requiring a reboot. Possibly there could be a terminate on error included in the script?

Comment

... that was why I asked. I have had times where HSP got hung or in a screwy state and left the script running. That is why I had the handsetonhook line.

It will need other error detection then in case it gets stuck as there is a do loop that can result in an endless situation.

I am not sure what to put in there as I do not know what error, if any, HS reports or what actually happens. Perhaps we could replace the do loop with a timer and if no response let it drop out...

Comment

I like the timer idea.
                                and again.. Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

Working...
                                X