www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Thermostat / HVAC Plug-ins > Thermostat / HVAC Discussion

Old August 31st, 2017, 03:50 PM
Seer

Variable Speed Trane/Lennox/Anything Plugin?

Are there any plugins that work with the variable speed hvac systems? Seems like our only real option is a two or 3 stage system with nest.
Old September 12th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Seer

Seems like there are a ton of people that want to control trane or lennox or anything variable speed but cant with the current state of plugins.
Old September 12th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrguy View Post
Seems like there are a ton of people that want to control trane or lennox or anything variable speed but cant with the current state of plugins.
As a work-around, I am using IFTTT to get HomeSeer to control my Trane (Nexia) systems. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Elliott
Old September 12th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Most of the variable speed controls nowadays are controlled internally to ensure proper airflow, energy savings, etc. What did you want to do in particular that the current thermostats are unable to do?

Z
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Seer

Trying to do? Integrate with homeseer so I can monitor and change settings.
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel View Post
As a work-around, I am using IFTTT to get HomeSeer to control my Trane (Nexia) systems. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Elliott
what functionality do you have with it? Is it only a 1 way street (i.e. can set temp but cant get current temp?)
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:02 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasrc View Post
Most of the variable speed controls nowadays are controlled internally to ensure proper airflow, energy savings, etc. What did you want to do in particular that the current thermostats are unable to do?

Z

To everyone asking.... THIS!

Why would you want to get yourself into a proprietary system when you don't need to? With the Trane Z-Wave thermostats I have you can control a ground source or air source heat pump! I put one on a Waterfurnace that has an inverter compressor not too long ago.
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Trying to do? Integrate with homeseer so I can monitor and change settings.
Look at the XR524 (Homeseer) and XR624. They do both control and monitoring and work on Zwave. I doubt there's anything about your system they won't provide for you. They're a bit of a pain with DST and time keeping, but there's a simple workaround for that.

Z
Old September 13th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
what functionality do you have with it? Is it only a 1 way street (i.e. can set temp but cant get current temp?)
Yes, unfortunately, it is a one-way street. I do have Aeon Tech Energy Meters on the HVAC to determine when the HVAC is running and when it is idle. I use this information to control ceiling fans. Elliott