This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding X10 device

Hi, I am a little confused about setting up using my X10 floodlight with motion sensor.

From the post Consolidated Documentation for Insteon PLM Plug-in to use X10 from the Insteon Plug in it said:
    "Q: How do I use this plugin to control X10 devices?

A: for HS3, enable X10 on the config page. Create HS devices from the dev mgmt page and use the Save as Insteon X10 button on the insteon tab. If you already have x10 device created, you can use the Update X10 Devices button to reassign any existing x10 device to the Insteon plugin so the plugin can control them."

Which X10 configuration am i enabling? I get the attached error for the X10 Plugin. Is that right?
    Attached Files

Rich
    the X10 plugin is not my plugin; i think this is an HST plugin.

my insteon plugin does support some basic X10. x10 needs to be enabled on my plugin config page, and then you create x10 devices from the hs dev mgmt page according to the instructions you found in my documentiation.

which plugin do you want to use to do x10?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I just want to use your Insteon plug in. So I will delete the X10 one. Then to get X10 to work for your plug-in, I just just need to check the box " Enable X10"?

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
        I just want to use your Insteon plug in. So I will delete the X10 one. Then to get X10 to work for your plug-in, I just just need to check the box " Enable X10"?
        yes this is the first step.

then create one x10 device as outlined above and test control via On and Off
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Follow-up questions

Ok, I can turn the flood light on and off! Thanx. Is there a way to get status from the X10 device. I.E. to know when someone is in the driveway, because the light has turned on? And the second part of that, is that the device is set not to turn on in daylight, even with that set on, is there still a way to get the motion status of someone in the driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
            Ok, I can turn the flood light on and off! Thanx. Is there a way to get status from the X10 device. I.E. to know when someone is in the driveway, because the light has turned on? And the second part of that, is that the device is set not to turn on in daylight, even with that set on, is there still a way to get the motion status of someone in the driveway?
            Rich,

if the motion sensor light sends an x10 on message, then you can use a trigger to capture that message.

#2, does the motion sensor send a status message when it sees motion? if so, then my same comment applies.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X