Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, it doesn't appear that GetDamperStatus is reporting correctly. It seems that my zone 1 always returns true, and zone 2 and 3 always returns false, regardless of which zone is calling heating or cooling. However, events set to trigger based off of the damper relay do seem to be triggering correctly.
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

More errors when an event kicked in and attempted to set my zone 2 and 3 setpoints (set up as a zone controller). For now, going back to setting everything up as stand alone.

2/3/2007 10:30:01 PM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.CmdHEatSet, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.
      2/3/2007 10:30:01 PM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.CmdHEatSet, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.
      2/3/2007 10:30:01 PM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.CmdSetCool, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.
      2/3/2007 10:30:01 PM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.CmdSetCool, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.

Comment

so the damper status is only going to report true or false and not a 0 or 1 as it did before???

there goes a HUGE amount of programs and scripts that have to be edited. why could we have not just rewritten the original plugin with the SAME functionality and SAME conventions as it had before? all that was really wrong with the other plugin was the comm routine, as its original design was for 1 thermostat per com port as at the time RCS was pushing their RS-232 products and not hubbed RS-485... anyway Ive made mention of this before and got NO RESPONSE from anyone!. as it is looks like this plugin wont even support multiple com ports so there goes the control of my separate Garage TR-16 unless I buy a new one that will do RS-485.....

is there only going to be 1 device per zone CONTROLLER? as I add my zones it doesnt create a device for each zone let alone a device for each item. in a zone enviroment setting SYSTEM modes and SYSTEM wide controls are not nearly as important as zone-specific info.

I had trouble for some reason getting my Zone 1 to add, it kept wanting to automatically create it as Zone 2 and add it twice. I eventually deleted the plugin, all its devices and cfg file and started over and it seemed to add Ok the second time. perhaps i shouldve deleted everything before upgrading to the lastest version. I do Like the web page it creates, if we could just make the Fonts a little smaller for the temp and such I could use it on my PDA to set temps remotely and such. I dont think most people use the raw HS interface to view status of devices.. esp since it is web it requires a refresh.. so the large Font doesnt seem necessary and throws off a lot of PDA browsers...

-Christopher
        PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Note that the web page is an ASPX page and you can edit that page as you like (to change the fonts, etc).
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

perfect! is this going to be a trend where the web pages created by a plugin will be more external so they can be customized as opposed to being internal to the code of plugins? I like this as like you say its just an external ASPX so I can add, delete edit etc without having to create a complete page of my own as I had done with my old plugin.

is there a way to use multiple comm ports or am I soon going to be rendering my expensive garage thermostat as useless? I do have an email in to RCS to see if it is one of the ones that could have the comm chip converted to RS-485 where i can then run it on the network...

and also is there a way where the damper status can return a 1 or 0 as it did before as opposed to true or false?

-Christopher

EDIT: I guess it doesnt matter looks like im gonna have to reprogram everything as is since all the commands changed... cmdsetheat requires 3 values now instead of 2?? a therm number, the temp, And a zone? why not just use the RS-485 network address as the therm number and then accept a temperature? so cmdsetheat (4,72) would set RCS zone 4 to 72...
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

In one of the earlier threads, it has been stated that the plug-in only supports one port. It does create one device for each zone. So far though, the only difference I have found between setting up the thermostats as stand-alone versus zoned is that when standalone, you do not get the damper information. As I posted yesterday, there are still a few bugs to be worked out when setting everything up as zoned. For stand alone purposes, everything is working perfectly.

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
              so the damper status is only going to report true or false and not a 0 or 1 as it did before???

there goes a HUGE amount of programs and scripts that have to be edited. why could we have not just rewritten the original plugin with the SAME functionality and SAME conventions as it had before? all that was really wrong with the other plugin was the comm routine, as its original design was for 1 thermostat per com port as at the time RCS was pushing their RS-232 products and not hubbed RS-485... anyway Ive made mention of this before and got NO RESPONSE from anyone!. as it is looks like this plugin wont even support multiple com ports so there goes the control of my separate Garage TR-16 unless I buy a new one that will do RS-485.....

is there only going to be 1 device per zone CONTROLLER? as I add my zones it doesnt create a device for each zone let alone a device for each item. in a zone enviroment setting SYSTEM modes and SYSTEM wide controls are not nearly as important as zone-specific info.

I had trouble for some reason getting my Zone 1 to add, it kept wanting to automatically create it as Zone 2 and add it twice. I eventually deleted the plugin, all its devices and cfg file and started over and it seemed to add Ok the second time. perhaps i shouldve deleted everything before upgrading to the lastest version. I do Like the web page it creates, if we could just make the Fonts a little smaller for the temp and such I could use it on my PDA to set temps remotely and such. I dont think most people use the raw HS interface to view status of devices.. esp since it is web it requires a refresh.. so the large Font doesnt seem necessary and throws off a lot of PDA browsers...

-Christopher

Comment

Yes, all our new plugins will use ASPX pages that include the source on the page. I can't rule out the possibility that some may use proprietary code, in which case the page will use a DLL, but so far we are not doing that. The iTunes, Media Player, all the thermostat ones, etc. all use an ASPX page for status and config that you can modify if you like.

Note that if you update any of these plugins, the updater will overwrite your changes, so be sure and save a backup of the pages you modify.

The plugin should be following the thermostat API docs, if its not, we can fix that.

Comment

where do i find the updated API docs? last I knew zone controllers werent even in the standard API docs.. on the previous plugin the Tstat number was used as the first parameter and then the data afterwords.. and also here the difference between setting a zone versus setting a standalone stat is going to make for a programming Headache to set my Living room I would have to do "cmdsetheat(1,72,2) to set my garage I have to do "cmdsetheat(2,72)" the issue is that I have to write COMPLETE new Code to have all of my thermostats say on the same web page.. whereas before my button click sent the thermostat number and the temp.. for house zones Ill have to do 3 parameters and for the garage ill have to somehow delete the extra Zone parameter.. unless the plugin will ignore the zone parameter sent to a standalone thermostat..

not to mention I have to just throw a $200 thermostat in the garbage since this thing cannot support multiple com ports.. why are we going backwards here and not forwards??

when I created my zones in my zone controller I got only one device for the whole controller, not one device per zone. and then a second device for the standalone thermostat.. so that basicilly i cannot at a glance see what each zone's status is doing unless I go to the RCS page..

-Christopher

Comment

The API docs can be found here:
                    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=114698

Comment

The plug-in creates a "read-only" device for each zone in the 'RCS Serial Thermostats' location. However, as noted in earlier posts, the devices don't seem to be updating properly when setting things up as 'zoned'. Regarding all the other stuff you wrote, you lost me :-) Face it, this isn't the same plug-in, so you'll either have to adjust, or keep using the old plug-in that you have, and since you have the source code to it, you can make all the tweaks you want.

where do i find the updated API docs? last I knew zone controllers werent even in the standard API docs.. on the previous plugin the Tstat number was used as the first parameter and then the data afterwords.. and also here the difference between setting a zone versus setting a standalone stat is going to make for a programming Headache to set my Living room I would have to do "cmdsetheat(1,72,2) to set my garage I have to do "cmdsetheat(2,72)" the issue is that I have to write COMPLETE new Code to have all of my thermostats say on the same web page.. whereas before my button click sent the thermostat number and the temp.. for house zones Ill have to do 3 parameters and for the garage ill have to somehow delete the extra Zone parameter.. unless the plugin will ignore the zone parameter sent to a standalone thermostat..

not to mention I have to just throw a $200 thermostat in the garbage since this thing cannot support multiple com ports.. why are we going backwards here and not forwards??

when I created my zones in my zone controller I got only one device for the whole controller, not one device per zone. and then a second device for the standalone thermostat.. so that basicilly i cannot at a glance see what each zone's status is doing unless I go to the RCS page..

-Christopher

Comment

so no changes to the API.. EXCEPT that this plugin isnt going to follow the API as it has been written.. that is what is bothering me.. that and the fact I dont see anyone giving me the $200 to replace that TR-16 that runs RS-232....

example: CMDsetheat ((nthermostats as integer) , (temp as Dbl)). that is the API.. that is what the other plugin followed.

to set the heat setpoint in a Zone on THIS plugin I Must do

CMDsetheat(nthermostats as integer, Temp as Dbl, Zone as Integer)

to set the Temp on a standalone thermostat on THIS plugin I must do

CMDsetheat(nthermostats as integer, temp as dbl)

the old plugin treated each zone in a zone controller as a separate thermostat so that when you added a zone it became a new thermostat.. so in my current setup I have 1 zone controller and 1 standalone thermostat.

"thermostats" 1-4 are zones 1-4 on my ZCV.
                        Thermostat 5 is my standalone stat for the garage.

CMDSetheat (1,72) sets zone 1 of my zone controller to 72
                        the equivalent in the NEW plugin is CMDSetheat(1,72,1)

to set the heat of my garage to 72 in the old plugin is
                        CMDSetheat(5,72)
                        new plugin: is CMDSetheat(2,72)

see the differences? so much for following the API....

why is it an issue because I have programs and scripts, ML buttons and the list goes on that set my temperatures and suddenly im going to have to rewrite ALL that. im not so worried about status displays on the standard HS webpage..

broken down devices wouldve been nice but I can see that is totally Nixed and its back to the way the old scripts for Tstat integration used to be so that i can no longer trigger on a device value change, im required to trigger with the RCS triggers now.. but even that isnt as big of a deal.

but when i have a mainlobby button that when executed calls a HS script or triggers an event. and variables were set.. now I have to somehow look for 2 different sets of commands based on whether im looking at my zone controller or my standalone thermostat. all to be controlled by the same mainlobby button...

I know im not the only one who uses multiple stats on multiple com ports because I was asked that question on several occasions regarding the other plugin.

-Christopher

P.S. I thiught the whole idea was NOT to have multiple plugins but to integrate and expand functionality AND maintain backward compatibility.. I see it harped on so much everywhere else so why is bacward compatibility suddenly not important here?

I have an HVAC system that if not the Most advanced of anyone here probably comes close to it and rivals that of most commercial buildings.. it keeps me comfortable in a reliable, efficient, and economical way.. yet you guys seem to think I have no idea what im talking about!

Comment

Hello,

This is simply implementing the API in a different fashion. We are trying to get all the thermostat plugins implementing this in the same way, thus the changes. As far as "re-defining" the API, this has always been there. The partition parameter makes sense to be used on the zone controller.

For those who have issues with the latest build, I am working my way through this thread to find what I can and work on it. It looks like the zone controllers are still no good, so I will work on those this week and give you a build to work with over the weekend.

Hang in there! This is a free plugin, so things might take a while, but they will be resolved at some point.
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Looks like Ive got a workaround for the garage thermostat turns out is it easily converted to RS-485 by a simple Comm chip change, it was one of the ones designed when the TR-16 was either way so Ill be able to bring it online.

why not program zone controllers similarly to standalone Tstats? Im not sure how you are programming this one.. or is there a request for people to access "system" mode data so that zone controllers must be treated differently?

will any of the custom commands be supported or is this going to be pretty strictly basic and only the standard API followed?

ie:
                            cmdsetmessage
                            cmdsendcustom
                            cmdsetoutside
                            cmdsetvariable

etc

-Christopher

Comment

cmdsendcustom has already been implemented as I use it to set the outside temperature. With that, you should be able to send most anything you want, with the exception that it is one way and you can't read anything with it (which was the same with the old plug in).

Looks like Ive got a workaround for the garage thermostat turns out is it easily converted to RS-485 by a simple Comm chip change, it was one of the ones designed when the TR-16 was either way so Ill be able to bring it online.

why not program zone controllers similarly to standalone Tstats? Im not sure how you are programming this one.. or is there a request for people to access "system" mode data so that zone controllers must be treated differently?

will any of the custom commands be supported or is this going to be pretty strictly basic and only the standard API followed?

ie:
                              cmdsetmessage
                              cmdsendcustom
                              cmdsetoutside
                              cmdsetvariable

etc

-Christopher

Comment

FYI, I updated my earlier post about changing the ASPX pages. If you update the plugin with a new version you will lose your changes, so be sure and keep a copy of the pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X