This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost DooMotion Button and Config Option

I havent touched DooMotion for about a year (just running fine). Decided to add sensor today.

Cant find the button to access DooMotion from the webserver (used to be next to DooTemp and DooNetowork...., and checking config in the interfaces tab executes a "Calling ConfigIO for DooMotion", but nothing happens. Also, http:localhost:86/dmoptions gives file not found.

Went to updater and got new doomotion. After Restart of HS, and clicking on OK when it says backing up my install may take a "long time", the install freezes (not responding).

HELP! please

Tom

Jim?? Anybody??

Any suggestions? I have no config options, and new install fails...

Thanks
    Tom

Comment

Not sure what would go wrong unless you updated to HS 2.3.0. There were problems reported with that version and I now recommend HS 2.3.0.19 or later.

If you selected backup option and you have let the DooMotion.mdb activity database grow to gigabytes, then it will indeed take a "long time". If DooMotion.mdb is indeed large, copy manually before updating. Once DooMotion is working again, consider purging old records. There are options to do this within DooMotion.

At this point, I would suggest installing DooMotion 2.3 which is available from my website.
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

I'm running 2.2.066(for sure) and DM2.2.65.0 (I think, since I dont have any DM buttons).
        DooMotion.mdb is only 600k.

I dont understand why the config options would go missing...the re-install was simply grasping at straws.

Tom

Comment

Install of 2.3.0 fails when trying to install D:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\HS2Util.dll Delete file failed code 5.

this is after shutting down HS and rebooting.....

Please advise.

Tom

Comment

Don't know why config button would go missing with HS 2.2.X. There is one line of code that tells HS to add a config button. DM has to be executing that line of code otherwise there would be an error and would not initialize. If there is no config button, then it is likely an HS issue.

I believe I may have made DM 2.3 require HS 2.3 which explains the HS2Util.dll error. Reinstall DM 2.2.0.66 and then contact HS regarding the config link issue.

I am not suggesting that you install HS 2.3. You need to read up and decide to upgrade that yourself. I will mention that I am running HS 2.3.0.19 myself with no problems.
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Where can I get DM2.2.066?

Comment

I typed the wrong DM version and gave you the HS version you said you were running. I meant for you to re-install the DM version you had been running which is in the Updater. Only this time, deselect the backup option and see if it hangs again. When starting up, check HS log carefully for messages. I am at a loss as to why you would all of a sudden lose Config button for the reason I mentioned earlier. Plus, all my other plug-in use the same code to create Config buttons.
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

I re-installed via updater. Got following error in log:

1/22/2009 2:33:50 PM Error Initializing interface: DooMotion->Error encountered creating SensorTimeline database procedure. Error occurred on line 0 of Database.InitProceduresViews [Error encountered creating SensorTimeline database procedure] {2.2.65.0}. Error occurred on line 0 of Database.InitDatabase [Error encountered creating SensorTimeline database procedure. Error occurred on line 0 of Database.InitProceduresViews [Error encountered creating SensorTimeline database procedure] {2.2.65.0}] {2.2.65.0}

Rest of log is ok. No DooMotion button (but DooTemp08 and DooNetwork buttons are there). Clicking on interfaces and config for DooMotion yields:

1/22/2009 2:35:08 PM ConfigIO Calling ConfigIO for DooMotion

But no config window.

Thanks for your continued help.

Tom

Comment

OK. Sounds like the DooMotion database got corrupted and that stopped the rest of it from initializing hence a broken Config button as well as all sorts of other issues.

Two possible solutions:
                    1. Use Microsoft Access to repair the database. DooMotion can do this for you but requires you to be able to get DooMotion started.
                    2. If you do not have Microsoft Access then rename the DooMotion.mdb file. DooMotion will start up and recreate the database. A script could be written to port the information from your old database if you feel you need it.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

I'm back in business. Did the rename, DooMotion created a new .mdb, all my sensors are there, the buttons are there, and all is well.....
                      Thanks
                      Tom

Comment

Great!
                        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                        X