GPIO pins active during boot sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPIO pins active during boot sequence

I just installed this plug-in and the installation and setup went perfect. I plan to drive a 4-relay module from the GPIO pins and ultimately control some security devices in the house.
    I discovered during a power failure or manual reboot the internal code must go out and check each GPIO pin as my relays all go active during this time. Obviously this will not work for a security installation. Unless you have some more ideas I have determined that the only way to survive a power failure would be to install a UPS system to power the RPi. Any ideas would be welcome.

Richard

You need to do a little more digging, I think SPUD can give you some guidance here.

I had the same issue and tried multiple pins as not all outputs behave the same on powerup. I cant remember if I needed the output to source or sink current but this was a sticking point for me too.

On the weekend I put a relay driver board on my Beaglebone and ran into the same issue. The relay board needed the output to drive high so I ended up inserting some Optos ie: 4n25s and sinking current ie: the output had to drive low and sink current. This resolved my problem. So on the beaglebone the outputs that I use do NOT sink current on powerup.

With arduinos I never had this issue...

Be interested to see how you resolve this....

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Pete,
      Thanks for the comment. I will go through all the pins first to see how they react on the boot sequence and then try your approach. Otherwise I think just the UPS would be the most safe answer unless Spud responds with another approach.

Richard

Comment

It appears no matter what GPIO pins I use during a Boot sequence, whether by design or by a power failure, different pins still go active then inactive. If I use another RPi I don't see this sequence, only if I use the RPi that has Homeseer installed on it.
        Need to do more testing as time permits....

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard

Interesting find that its only when the homeseer plugin is loaded....I'm sure SPUD will chime in...

Good luck with your testing

Pete

p.s the Beaglebone has worked fine all week with driving the relays, its now time to come out of BETA and put it into the automation box :-)
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

For whatever reason I have found a combination of GPIO pins driving a 4-relay module that do not activate during a boot sequence using GPIO 22,27, 23, 18. If I use GPIO 17 or 4 it will activate that relay on a boot every time.
            So, onward I go.....

Richard

Comment

Working...
            X