Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you control a device switch manually does the linked kpl btn change?

if not, you are missing a link from the switch to the kpl btn. please check this
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      if you control a device switch manually does the linked kpl btn change?
      No, this is what I have been saying all a long.

if not, you are missing a link from the switch to the kpl btn. please check this
      This is the link table:

Link #2 Button A/Load controls Master Bedroom Air Filter (1C.F1.8D)
      Link #3 Button B controls Master Bedroom Hi-Hats (20.9D.2F)
      Link #4 Button C controls Hall Hi-Hats (1F.6E.8E)
      Link #1 Button D controls Master Bedroom Night Stand (20.2E.51)
      Link #6 Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #7 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #8 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #9 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #10 Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #11 Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #12 Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #13 Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #5 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
      Link #15 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #1 (Button Control Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
      Link #14 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.

From what I can see it looks correct. The KPL can turn the four devices on/off with no problem. It just does not update when a light is changed from it's switch.
      -Skybolt

Comment

You need to create a link from the device to control the kpl button.

The device is the controller. The kpl button is the responder.

Use the plugin to do this.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

btw. can you post a screen shot of the following:

If you go into the regular HS device at the bottom of the device page, not your PI device page, there is a drop down box that states; "Linked Device:" then you select which device it's linked to. These were set to there corresponding KPL buttons.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This is the device management screen I was talking about.
            Attached Files
            -Skybolt

Comment

Other then "Sync linked responder devices", how do you link an AL or Insteon bulb to a button? The controller (KPL button) is already linked?
              -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                Other then "Sync linked responder devices", how do you link an AL or Insteon bulb to a button? The controller (KPL button) is already linked?
                from my plugin, edit the links of the AL or bulb

create a link from that device to the kpl button (which will be the responder)
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This is the device management screen I was talking about.
                  The Linked Device is an new HS feature; I'm not familiar. While we are figuring this out; do not set anything here; leave your insteon devices Unlinked.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The Linked Device is an new HS feature; I'm not familiar. While we are figuring this out; do not set anything here; leave your insteon devices Unlinked.
                    I guess this is/was part of the confusion. If that is set the HS device pages keep the KPL button in sync with the button, but only with in HS. The actual KPL device buttons are not in sync.

from my plugin, edit the links of the AL or bulb

create a link from that device to the kpl button (which will be the responder)
                    The edit links option in the PI, for Appliance Linc and Insteon Bulb, does not offer the same option as for a switch. No way to add the links.

EDIT: I guess one option is to have events that turn the AL and Bulbs on/off. But that is only a partial solution.
                    -Skybolt

Comment

Right, the AP, and Bulb are responders only. they can't control another device.

so if you control the AP or bulb from HS directly, then the kpl btn won't get updated.

the better option would be to control the AP and Bulb from HS using the kpl btn devices that you have linked. this will turn on the kpl btn and turn on the AP or Bulb. You must have the 'sync linked responder device' in the plugin checked for the kpl. There will be some delay but since you are doing this from an event, it shouldn't be a big deal.

the new feature "Linked Device" is new and not documented. I wouldn't use it with my insteon devices until we know more...the following is from Rich with HST

It simply links 2 devices. So if one device is controlled with say a 255 to turn it on, the linked device will also be sent a 255. Both devices must have the same value pairs for the feature to work.
                      I don't think this will work
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Right, the AP, and Bulb are responders only. they can't control another device.

so if you control the AP or bulb from HS directly, then the kpl btn won't get updated.

the better option would be to control the AP and Bulb from HS using the kpl btn devices that you have linked. this will turn on the kpl btn and turn on the AP or Bulb. You must have the 'sync linked responder device' in the plugin checked for the kpl. There will be some delay but since you are doing this from an event, it shouldn't be a big deal.

the new feature "Linked Device" is new and not documented. I wouldn't use it with my insteon devices until we know more...the following is from Rich with HST

I don't think this will work
                        Right, so I need to us HS events and control the AL and Bulb's that way. I'll make that change.

As too the linked device thing on the HS page. I love with they do this and don't explain it ...

Thank you for your help as always Mark.
                        -Skybolt

Comment

Right, so I need to us HS events and control the AL and Bulb's that way. I'll make that change.

As too the linked device thing on the HS page. I love with they do this and don't explain it ...

Thank you for your help as always Mark.
                          Glad we got it figured out...we took the long route, but we got there.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X