HS-WS100+ Depth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS100+ Depth?

I am having trouble fitting a Evolve LSM-15w light switch into a single switch wall panel because too many wires an a small space make it stick out.

The LSM-15w is 1" 1/4" deep.

Is the HS-WS100+ or WA100+ more shallow? Does anyone know what it's depth is in inches?

My caliper batteries are dead, but it looks to be just over 1.5in

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Measuring with my trusty digital caliper I get a depth of 1.485 inches including the metal base plate, excluding the metal plate it is 1.4 inches deep. In case you are curious, the portion of the switch that extends behind the metal mounting plate is 2.756 inches tall and 1.685 inches wide and 1.4 inches deep.

Comment

BTW, I have had similar troubles fitting z-wave switches into receptacles.

In my case I decided to to trim the excess wires and replace the wire nuts with Waygo Splice connectors and/or wall nuts as these are much smaller and MUCH easier to work with.

You only have to install a few replacement switches to realize that wiring receptacles could really use a 21st century redesign. My fantasy is that each receptacle would have a built-in mini-patch panel that is labeled for load, neutral, etc.

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

Thank you for all replies and info.

It's deeper than what I have now, so that isn't good as I already ordered some, I will reuse them in another area.

I am going to look into the waygo splice connectors, as I cannot replace the box.

My electrician told me about a box extender that I can get to make the box extend out farther, but what I could find at home depot that fit his description was not ideal.

Comment

Working...
            X