Trying to setup first time not connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to setup first time not connecting

I have been using airplay from iphones to appleTV and shairport enabled PC's for a while now. I just installed the airplay plugin to test, but I am unable to get sound out of the airplay clients.

I have no outgoing firewall, and I opened the incoming to HSPI airplayspeak, and the mdnsresponder, bonjour is already allowed.

I'm getting this in the log:

Code:
    Dec-05 2:02:25 PM         AirplaySpeak   INFO Connection to Family Room (192.168.xxx.xxx:7000) failed: Request failed, error RTSP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error   

Dec-05 2:01:53 PM         AirplaySpeak    INFO Connection to Virtual7Pro (192.168.xxx.xxx:5000) failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Dec-05 2:00:52 PM         AirplaySpeak    INFO (Virtual7Pro,Homeseer,Family Room,Apple TV): The door man, someone is at the door
    Any ideas what is wrong?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

can you set the log level to debug, restart the plugin, try to speak something again then post your full logs.

thanks

Comment

As I was attempting to generate the logs it worked. So then I decided to try the other voices I have installed, and now it does not work again. Though now it seems that the problem is different. Before it was an airplay error--it really seemed the the mdns service was confused. That seems to be working now. Now there are no speaker clients listed under the setup/network page.

I now see no airplay errors in the log; but I do see this in the log:

Code:
      In SpeakDev calling a speak proxy plug-in, exception is Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Any idea why the plugin is not creating the speaker clients?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
        As I was attempting to generate the logs it worked. So then I decided to try the other voices I have installed, and now it does not work again. Though now it seems that the problem is different. Before it was an airplay error--it really seemed the the mdns service was confused. That seems to be working now. Now there are no speaker clients listed under the setup/network page.

I now see no airplay errors in the log; but I do see this in the log:

Code:
        In SpeakDev calling a speak proxy plug-in, exception is Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Any idea why the plugin is not creating the speaker clients?
        You will never see the Airplay speakers listed under setup/network. Only homeseer speaker clients are listed there.
        The only place where you can see a list of Airplay speaker is in the config page.

Regarding the error you see, do you have other plugins acting as speak proxies?

Comment

Not at the moment. Though I did test the squeezebox plugin a while ago. It is disabled now.

Comment

Working...
          X