Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing/usage Modbus 3.6.x

Beerygaz,

First I want to say that it is a great PI. As the PI is released and I don't expect major changes that require a huge amount of configuration I started adding multiple register addresses to the first RTU gateway and started the configuration of other RTU gateways.

Major bugs:

- None

Feature request(s):
    • Please add the device status (enabled/disabled) to the Modbus configuration page. This is especially useful in case of large amounts of devices.
    • Please make it possible to sort the devices on the Modbus configuration page on numerical order. This will make it easy to check if a register address is already added to the gateway. This is also especially useful in case of large amounts of devices.

Minor bug(s):
    • "read after write" too quick for my device. Please add the "read delay" into the process between the write and read action.

Limitation(s)
    • Use of CAPI handler required to use events (not an issue for me)

---
    John

See the latest update 3.x.x.x

Still working on CAPI, reluctant to add my own action handler, but will go that way if I get no joy out of HST.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hi Beerygaz,

Thanks for adding the new features. Very helpful in my case where I have almost 40 register addresses for 1 gateway.

IF I'm the only person asking for event functionality you don't have to put too much time in it as I have a limited number of register addresses that I need to change based on an event (currently calling the CAPI handler by means of a script and is working properly).

---
      John

Comment

Thanks John. It's a necessary feature. Obviously coils work fine, it's just the holding registers that are an issue.

How's the stability with 40 devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          Thanks John. It's a necessary feature. Obviously coils work fine, it's just the holding registers that are an issue.

Hi beerygaz,

The previous version was very stable with about 40 devices. Installed the latest release today. Will post my experiences in the coming days.

---
          John

Comment

Hi Byreegaz,

After a lot (four times) of FW updates for the new converters (new product according web-site) now running Modbus PI 3.7.x with 4 gateways (three times 13 registers and one times 55 registers). The PI is currently stable for more than 24 hours.

---
            John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
              Hi Byreegaz,

After a lot (four times) of FW updates for the new converters (new product according web-site) now running Modbus PI 3.7.x with 4 gateways (three times 13 registers and one times 55 registers). The PI is currently stable for more than 24 hours.

---
              John
              Hi Byreegaz,

Stable for more than 72 hours. So I consider the application stable. In my opinion you can change your signature as I don't see Modbus as beta

---
              John

Comment

Hi beerygaz,

Do you have an indication when you planned to implement the CAPI handling.

Based on this I will decide if I also write the scripts for the devices for which control has less priority.

---
                John

Comment

Working...
                X