RRD-6D table dimmer as switch doesn't import properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRD-6D table dimmer as switch doesn't import properly

I have several RRD-6D table dimmers. Some are setup as a dimmers. Three are setup as switches (because they control a non-dimmable load). I use these because I do need a tabletop control (not an appliance module). This is a supported use by Lutron.

The DbXmlInfo entries for two of them are:

Code:
    <Output Name="Chris' Desk Lamp" UUID="42035" IntegrationID="203" OutputType="INC" Wattage="0" SortOrder="1" />
    <Output Name="Bill's Desk Lamp" UUID="42014" IntegrationID="201" OutputType="NON_DIM_INC" Wattage="0" SortOrder="0" />
    When imported into HS3 the NON_DIM_INC one doesn't show up with any [off][on] buttons in the Control column. In the Advanced tab it's listed as a "LutronRA2 Basic" Device Type (string). Where as the one that works shows up as a "Lamp Module".

I have three in my project. All use the RRD-6D table dimmer as a switch (to avoid problems with anyone accidentally trying to dim them).

I also note the Advanced tab says these don't support status (they do).

I'm guessing the import routine doesn't know what to do with a NON_DIM_INC?

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
    I have several RRD-6D table dimmers. Some are setup as a dimmers. Three are setup as switches (because they control a non-dimmable load). I use these because I do need a tabletop control (not an appliance module). This is a supported use by Lutron.

The DbXmlInfo entries for two of them are:

Code:
    <Output Name="Chris' Desk Lamp" UUID="42035" IntegrationID="203" OutputType="INC" Wattage="0" SortOrder="1" />
    <Output Name="Bill's Desk Lamp" UUID="42014" IntegrationID="201" OutputType="NON_DIM_INC" Wattage="0" SortOrder="0" />
    When imported into HS3 the NON_DIM_INC one doesn't show up with any [off][on] buttons in the Control column. In the Advanced tab it's listed as a "LutronRA2 Basic" Device Type (string). Where as the one that works shows up as a "Lamp Module".

I have three in my project. All use the RRD-6D table dimmer as a switch (to avoid problems with anyone accidentally trying to dim them).

I also note the Advanced tab says these don't support status (they do).

I'm guessing the import routine doesn't know what to do with a NON_DIM_INC?
    First time I see that NON_DIM_INC I'll had it as non dimmable

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      First time I see that NON_DIM_INC I'll had it as non dimmable
      Great, thanks! One of them is the desk lamp right in front of me, thus the reason I noticed it so quickly. The other two are for Christmas tree lights and a Workshop utility lamp. The latter was spec'd with an incandescent, but the installed LED turns out to be not dimmer-friendly. Thus configuring them as switches avoids problems.

It's unfortunate the Lutron has never documented the DbXmlInfo.xml format fully.

The upside to using them as switches is a double-tap to them acts as an On command. Where using an actual switch module doesn't. You get used to double-tapping for 'full brightness' and it's a little annoying that switches don't recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
        Great, thanks! One of them is the desk lamp right in front of me, thus the reason I noticed it so quickly. The other two are for Christmas tree lights and a Workshop utility lamp. The latter was spec'd with an incandescent, but the installed LED turns out to be not dimmer-friendly. Thus configuring them as switches avoids problems.

It's unfortunate the Lutron has never documented the DbXmlInfo.xml format fully.

The upside to using them as switches is a double-tap to them acts as an On command. Where using an actual switch module doesn't. You get used to double-tapping for 'full brightness' and it's a little annoying that switches don't recognize it.
        It should be fix in ver 43

Comment

Yep, switches now show using the 43 plugin. I had to delete the devices and re-import them. But now they show up with [off][on] buttons and the power button icon tracks the state (gray off; yellow on).

Comment

Working...
          X