Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill now available for UK Amazon accounts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Skill now available for UK Amazon accounts!

The HomeSeer skill is now available for UK Amazon customers.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Thanks Rupp. I have it installed and it found my devices but it is late so will test it out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

This now works fine. I had a problem with multiple household accounts and you must check the echo is in the correct account as it will not work on shared household accounts.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Hi - good news...

What is/are the differences to this and the DEV approach that we have been using up until now?

Should we all switch to this?

Thanks

David
        ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Thank you very much
          Detected like 60 devices, one or two I need to unset, but otherwise great - I will be experimenting soon!

Comment

Seems to be working fine for me to.
            I've disabled the HA bridge workaround that I'd been using for controlling devices, cannot think of any benefit that HA bridge has over this?

Comment

Homeseer skill for the German Amazon Echo?

HI,

Will there be a Homeseer skill for Germany? or is there a way that I can Use Homeseer with the German Alexa?

Comment

Originally posted by ralphie View Post
                HI,

Will there be a Homeseer skill for Germany? or is there a way that I can Use Homeseer with the German Alexa?
                I cannot answer your first question, however you can use HA-Bridge without a skill. This tricks Alexa that you are using Philips Hue lamps. You can also create your own Development skill if you want.
                Jon

Comment

Jon, are the "development" skill options still working? I recently tried and now it continuously states "unable to link your skill". My understanding was that others were having issues as well. Maybe I am wrong.

Seem that this has been occurring since the around middle of January...

Any ideas? Are you still able to use your custom skill (invocation?).
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

It's still working here. The issue is that you now need to enter something in the Privacy URL, otherwise the dev skill does not work.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ralphie View Post
                      HI,

Hi,

I would like to second Ralphie's request. I already have a Dev skill working brilliantly with Jon's Alexa Helper, but the "frag HomeSeer" (German equivalent for "tell Homeseer") phrase is standing in the way of wife compatibility right now. The whole "frag.." construct doesn't make a lot of sense in most cases because of our rather complex grammar.
                      I understand that the released skill plugs in as a smart home skill and doesn't need the trigger word anymore? This would be a massive step towards real seamless home control.

I wouldn't worry too much about language capabilities at the moment. Most of the stuff can be worked around and having the UK skill would be a million times better than not having a skill at all. If there's anything I can help with please let me know. I'm a developer myself and have done a lot of HomeSeer scripting back in the day :-)

Cheers,
                      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        . I had a problem with multiple household accounts and you must check the echo is in the correct account as it will not work on shared household accounts.

Greig.
                        Can you clarify exactly what you found here, as since I moved from the DEV account/skill to the official HS UK skill,Alexa insists that HS is not linked to the amazon account, yet in the Alexa control panel it sees 120+ HS devices.... and when I click discover, the HS log shows "amazon echo discovery requested" - so clearly its linked.

The only question is back to your statement - "shared accounts" - I have two echo units on one amazon account - does the skill not work this way?

Thanks

David

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
                          Can you clarify exactly what you found here, as since I moved from the DEV account/skill to the official HS UK skill,Alexa insists that HS is not linked to the amazon account, yet in the Alexa control panel it sees 120+ HS devices.... and when I click discover, the HS log shows "amazon echo discovery requested" - so clearly its linked.

The only question is back to your statement - "shared accounts" - I have two echo units on one amazon account - does the skill not work this way?

Thanks

David
                          Two Echos on the same account is fine my problem was two accounts on one Echo using amazon household. See Here
                          I discovered if you just say "Alexa change accounts" it will switch to the next available account and when in my account it works fine as this is the one linked to HS. I have not tried to link HS on both accounts yet but I will.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                            I discovered if you just say "Alexa change accounts" it will switch to the next available account and when in my account it works fine as this is the one linked to HS. I have not tried to link HS on both accounts yet but I will.

Greig.
                            Hi - Thanks for the reply Greig

I found the issue - I had disabled the HS DEV skill, but it was still in the Amazon control panel (if thats the word for it). As soon as I deleted it, the HS published one started to work.

I still have issues, but thats another story!

Do we know how the "!advanced" HS skill compares to the DEV skill we have been using? On an initial read, it looks like the DEV skill is comparable to the advanced skill - is this right?

Perhaps I was too quick to dump the DEV skill for the "official" one - in the hope of being a "better" approach.. perhaps not!

So - UK folks - what are you using?

David

Comment

Working...
                            X