Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home now available under services! (Discontinued)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct, but I believe the Google actions for IFTTT will still work.

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
    So as I'm understanding it there will no longer be "Google actions" support once Homeseer gets the Google home native support?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We have been talking with Google to figure out a way to support all the other HS stuff that probably will not be added to the SmartHome API. Hopefully there will be a way. For now, I guess Alexa is your only option.

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
      I'm hoping there's a '...for now' in there somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        We have been talking with Google to figure out a way to support all the other HS stuff that probably will not be added to the SmartHome API. Hopefully there will be a way. For now, I guess Alexa is your only option.
        Thanks for the update! We will patiently wait.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just use virtual devices to trigger events and the "shortcut" feature to make the command make more sense.

Example: If you have an event that opens the drapes. Create a virtual device that will trigger the event to open the drapes when on or close them when off. Then natively google would be able to turn that device on or off. But you could create a short cut that runs turn on drape open when you say "Hey Google, Open the drapes". This gives you way more flexibility.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
          Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

The list growing every week, checking every day to see if the king have arrived to the list
            Attached Files
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Looks like one issue left, if we hear back from Google on the issue today, we should have it fixed today. Then they can release it, not sure how long the release takes though, but will post an update when we know.

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
              The list growing every week, checking every day to see if the king have arrived to the list

Comment

Looks like one issue left, if we hear back from Google on the issue today, we should have it fixed today. Then they can release it, not sure how long the release takes though, but will post an update when we know.
                Good things happen to those who wait
                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                --
                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

...or you could use Jon00 Alexa plugin...

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                  Just use virtual devices to trigger events and the "shortcut" feature to make the command make more sense.

Example: If you have an event that opens the drapes. Create a virtual device that will trigger the event to open the drapes when on or close them when off. Then natively google would be able to turn that device on or off. But you could create a short cut that runs turn on drape open when you say "Hey Google, Open the drapes". This gives you way more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                    Can't get Google to parse out Homeseer correctly. So far I get:
                    Home Theater
                    Home CR2
                    Homey Seer
                    Home sewer
                    The only thing, having no knowledge at all on the subject, that comes to mind is that no matter how you say the word "Homeseer" it will always sound like two words which could be confusing. What about just using "Home" or some other word and see how that works.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post

Is there an example of how to do this? I tried looking for virtual devices and I'm not seeing anything.

Also, as someone else mentioned, I heard of the Jon00 plugin but haven't looked into it. I'm quite happy with how Alexa handles speech patterns ("... tell homeseer to {phrase}") so if I can simply recreate that with Google Home right now I'd be satisfied.

Comment

To enable, open your Google Home app on your mobile device, go to the menu and select "More Settings...", then "Services". Scroll down to HomeSeer and link. Log in with your MyHS account that is associated with the HomeSeer system you want to control.
                        I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but the flow I found (at least in the iOS version of the Google Home app) is:

More settings => Assistant apps => Homeseer

And from what I understand this will be going away shortly? I guess this will help in the interim if anyone else is looking where to set this up.

Comment

Hi Jesbodal, I want to explain this to you but I think information that already exist in this forum would do a far better job than me given the time I have. The virtual device is created in homeseer. Just click the green plus from your device view.

The shortcut feature i reference is actually within the google home app. Click the hamburger button then choose more settings and you will see shortcuts.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Aha! I never saw that green button before, thank you. Looks like I can figure it out from there.

Oh and thanks regarding shortcuts, I did notice that once I figured out how to add homeseer to the Google home app.

Thanks again

Comment

Very glad I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by jensbodal View Post
                                I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but the flow I found (at least in the iOS version of the Google Home app) is:

More settings => Assistant apps => Homeseer

And from what I understand this will be going away shortly? I guess this will help in the interim if anyone else is looking where to set this up.

Odd, I don't see more settings under the settings menu in the G Home app. Do you need a physical Home device ?
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X