Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Ademco remote (5834-4) as Kwikset door remote

Hi Mark (and everyone),

I'm in the process of setting up my Vista 128BP (w/ 5881ENH, 6160RF, a few 4208U) and am wondering if I can use an encrypted (high security mode) Ademco 5834-4 remote to trigger HomeSeer functions?

Mainly I want to lock/unlock my Kwikset front door, since it seems secure enough and small enough to carry around.

Any recommendation on how best to set the remote up in Vista to do this?
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Answering my own question (after some digging around), I think using the !RFX method this should be no problem.

Further info can be found in this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145071
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Alright, it's set. Here's what I've done:

1. Set my 6160RF keypad to High Encryption mode. It won't listen to non-encrypted devices anymore once you've done this. I let my 5881ENH do that job.
      2. Add my keyfob buttons as 'No Alarm' zones on my Vista 128BP (takes up 4 zones, ugh).
      3. 'Add zones' to those 4 buttons in HomeSeer Ademco Vista plugin.
      4. 'Add RF' on each of those zones
      5. Create events that corresponds to each of the keys as trigger. Like other !RFX device, the key changes the value to '2' when faulted.

Comment

Working...
      X