Action logs when Event set to not log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action logs when Event set to not log

I'm trying to decrement a device's value. This will be happening every 6 seconds so I don't want to log it every time. Here is the log produced, and the event below it. Any ideas? BTW, I tried the same thing with the immediate script command shown and that logs too. I can't win.

John

Jul-05 5:34:56 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to (value) minutes (1.9) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-05 5:34:50 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to 2 minutes (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-05 5:34:44 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to (value) minutes (2.1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-05 5:34:38 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to (value) minutes (2.2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyTrigger action logs.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1209760

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
    I'm trying to decrement a device's value. This will be happening every 6 seconds so I don't want to log it every time. Here is the log produced, and the event below it. Any ideas? BTW, I tried the same thing with the immediate script command shown and that logs too. I can't win.

John

Jul-05 5:34:56 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to (value) minutes (1.9) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-05 5:34:50 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to 2 minutes (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-05 5:34:44 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to (value) minutes (2.1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-05 5:34:38 PM Device Control Device: Virtual Breakfast nook Countdown time to (value) minutes (2.2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

[ATTACH]55177[/ATTACH]
    Set "Do not log commands from this device" on the configuration tab of the virtual device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Set "Do not log commands from this device" on the configuration tab of the virtual device.
      That solved it! Thanks once again Randy. BTW, tried the immediate script again with the device set to not log, but that still logs. Using Easy Trigger looks friendlier anyway so I'll use that.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
        That solved it! Thanks once again Randy. BTW, tried the immediate script again with the device set to not log, but that still logs. Using Easy Trigger looks friendlier anyway so I'll use that.

John
        Yes, immediate scripts always log, scripts do not. If you want to avoid logging, you need to create a script. For generating log entries, I pass the parameters to a script so that I don't get double entries.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X