No announcement yet.

Pico Remote Counter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait I just find a bug will post a new one in 10 Min.

Comment

Comment

Sorry guys I did remove the 66

now you can upload the 67

thanks

Comment

Counter Issue

DonMor,

1. Disabled Plug-in
          2. Uninstalled the Caseta Plug in
          3. Downloaded and installed the latest (ver .67)
          4. Enabled the Plug in
          5. Hit the REPAIR button in the Lutron Caseta Config menu.
          6. Log generated an error on that one:

Oct-24 15:48:28 Error Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_hometroller#Default.hs'.

7. Tried to "Press ON/OFF buttons" in the S6 Web Interface on several devices. Nothing happened, nothing in the log that any "triggers" occured.

8. Noticed that all the devices I was pressing in step 7 were on SmartBridge 3.

9. Pressed buttons for devices attached to Smart Bridge 1, worked. All showed up in the log as triggers as expected. And the web interface reflected the ON/OFF action. (Note, cannot verify with the eyeball, as I am not at home right now).

10. Pressed several buttons attached to Smart Bridge 2, the triggers showed up in the log, but the status in the S6 web interface did not reflect any changes, ie ON or OFF or dimmed. Don't know the real status of the lights.

Bottom Line: Devices on Smart bridge 1, seem to be working OK. Smart Bridge 2, partially, and nothing seems to work for Smart Bridge 3 devices.

Justin

Comment

Ok I'm looking at it

Comment

Counter Issue Progress

DonMor,

Good Prelim results:

I rewrote / reimplemented the double tap programs for two devices that are on Smart Bridge 1. And they work just as expected, when I "press the button" via the web interface for the S6.

For the Storage Room Light, with the Bedroom Fan light as the secondary light.
              1. Double tap OFF on storage room light......2ndary light goes ON
              2. Triple tap OFF on storage room light......2ndary light goes OFF
              3. Double tap OFF on Pico remote for the storage room light......2ndary light goes ON
              4. Triple tap OFF on Pico remote for the storage room light.......2ndary light goes OFF

Bottom Line: It would appear that the logic is in place and working for devices attached to the First Smart Bridge. More testing will be required, of course, but this is progress.

Justin

Comment

ok did fix the communication on 68

tell me if you still have the Grammar_Data_hometroller

Comment

DonMor,

Given ryuvann's most recent posting, it should be noted that my device that I double and triple tapped is an RF switch, not a dimmer.

I will now look at .68.

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann
                    My plugin updated fine each time but the Caseta dimmers themselves still won't increment the counter. The Pico remotes do now and work but the dimmers don't do anything when you press off. I'm using "A device had its value set to OFF" but it doesn't increment.
                    the issue with the switch it is not a device, the only feedback I have from the smartbridge is the level, I don't know when it is press or release it only send me the status, I'm not at home but try when change to off as a trigger.

will dig it when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann
                      I don't really know the difference, I just know that with my Insteon or Z-Wave (Instant Status) devices I can write a program:

If this device had its value set to: Insteon Kitchen Dimmer OFF
                      Then increment counter Kitchen Dimmer by 1

or

If this device had its value set to: Z-Wave Dining Room Dimmer OFF
                      Then increment counter Dining Room Dimmer by 1

And I can press off on either dimmer over and over and it increments the counter each time. The only ones I can't do that with are my Leviton Z-Wave dimmers as they are not instant status, and then the Caseta dimmers as well. Not the end of the world but it seems like HS3 doesn't register multiple taps from the Caseta's for some reason.
                      When I get back next week I'll be able to simulate it and see what I receive.

Comment

DonMor,

I have now redone the programs so that in one instance I have an RF switch increment the double/triple tap counter. And double and triple taps do just fine, ie they turn the light on and off as expected.

Now I downloaded .68, and I set it up with an in wall dimmer, that is paired with a Pico Remote, and that dimmer, when turned OFF will trigger the double/triple tap counter. And it works just fine, ie the 2ndary light is turned ON with a double tap and OFF with a triple tap. The counter counts consistently based on the number of taps......and the log seems to follow, although the order in the log seems to be a bit out of step.

I am sure there will be more testing, but this looks good. And it now works on devices on Smart Bridge 1 and 3. Next I will test it with a device on Smart Bridge 2 as the double/triple tap device.

Justin

Comment

Additional Testing for Counters - Good and Bad

DonMor

ryuvann's working /failing conditions now mirror mine.

Once home this evening, I manually double and triple tapped the three different types of Caseta devices I have tied to the program.

The following two devices did NOT trigger anything when MANUALLY double / triple tapped:

Caseta RF Switch, the variety that requires neutral, PD-6ANS.
                          Caseta In Wall dimmer (600 Watt variety) PD-6WCL

And the log reflected this, i.e. NO triggers detected / reported / recorded, and the "BBQ Can Counter" was never incremented. I have attached the basic programs in a pdf.

On the other hand, The Pico Remote, PJ2-3BRL‑LA‑L01R, 5 button (ON/OFF, Raise/Lower and Favorite DID) work manually. It was tied to the Caseta In Wall dimmer above.

Further, I tested them all again by double/triple tapping the OFF button via the Web Interface, and they all worked, i.e. they turned ON the 2ndary Light when double tapped, and turned OFF the 2ndary light when triple tapped.

Current Bottom Line:
                          1. Basic counters and implemented double/triple tap logic work when triggered through the S6 Web Interface.

2. Basic counters and implemented double/triple tap logic work when triggered manually by a Pico 5 button remote.

3. Basic counters and implemented double/triple tap logic do NOT work when triggered manually by a Caseta RF switch or a Caseta In Wall dimmer.

That is what I have seen for now.........

Justin
                          Attached Files

Comment

DonMor,

See the attached log for detail on the plug in issue.

Justin
                            Attached Files

Comment

After many test, when a switch connected to a load is off or at 100% it won't send any information to the bridge when it is at is level, this was test with the telnet and the SSH communication so no way we will be able to use double tap with a switch that control a load.

pico is independent so you can do the double with that.

Sorry for this bad news.

don

Comment

That's disappointing to say the least. Perhaps in the future you will consider reducing the price of your plug-in to attract more people over to trying it. As is right now I feel it is far too expensive for just a beta with such limited features compared to other plugins of the same price.

We pulled out and sold all our Lutron equipment after our trial just ended as we need something more reliable that people actually use.

Comment

Working...
                                X