Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

device value from summary data

Hi,
    I'm testing the plugin controlling and charting the temperature of my radiators.
    Every day I check the minimum, maximum and average value.
    The average temperature can say me how much the radiator was hot in the day and I can calculate the cost for my home clima.

Is it possible to extrapolate the average temperature value and put it in a device as value? Every night I can create a database with daily "average temperature" for each of my radiator.

Thanks

Cris

What about a script running every night that calculate average and store that in a virtual device. Then chart that virtual device

Comment

Originally posted by gjelsvik View Post
      What about a script running every night that calculate average and store that in a virtual device. Then chart that virtual device
      Plugin report already daily average. What I want is a way to pick this value and put it into device value :-)

Comment

Ok, I think that is what I also answered on?
        You can use a script to set that value to your desired device.

Comment

Originally posted by gjelsvik View Post
          Ok, I think that is what I also answered on?
          You can use a script to set that value to your desired device.
          Yes, you are right.
          My problem is how I can calculate the average! The plugin already generate the average, I don't know where I can find this value.
          Of course, then with a script a can pass the valute to a device (SetDeviceValue...)

Plugin elaborate the average but I need to find this value

Other solution could be to have a script taht every 5 minutes read the temp value and store the data, in the night read all data and calculate the average.
          But if I already have the value in the plugin I'd like to use this data.

Comment

I'll definitely consider this in a future release. The raw data is all there in the SQLite database, so it's a matter of querying it correctly. Which means there needs to be a "group by" clause, and that will require additional user interface design to allow you to choose the intervals, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
              I'll definitely consider this in a future release. The raw data is all there in the SQLite database, so it's a matter of querying it correctly. Which means there needs to be a "group by" clause, and that will require additional user interface design to allow you to choose the intervals, etc.
              Great!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X