Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to 17.0.4 failed

Just updated to 17.0.4 and get the following:

Jan-20 8:12:02 AM Error Initializing plug-in(1): MCSSPRINKLERSP Instance::mcsSprinklers InitHW Error Line 0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jan-20 8:12:02 AM mcsSprinklers RegisterCallback2 Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Re-loaded the update, also restarted HS3 as well as rebooted server. Still getting the error.

???

Install log below

Thanks,
    Z

Jan-20 8:18:12 AM Updater Install/Update of package mcsSprinklersP was successful.
    Jan-20 8:18:12 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe.config
    Jan-20 8:18:12 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\RESTART.exe
    Jan-20 8:18:12 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.dll
    Jan-20 8:18:12 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe
    Jan-20 8:18:12 AM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Jan-20 8:17:41 AM Updater Extracting files from zip file: setup_hs.zip
    Jan-20 8:17:40 AM Updater Installing package mcsSprinklersP
    Jan-20 8:17:40 AM Updater Update HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe downloaded successfully
    Jan-20 8:16:15 AM Updater Downloading update: mcsSprinklersP
    Jan-20 8:16:15 AM Updater Starting download of updates

The problem is associated with "mySQL.Data, Version=6.2.3.0". There is likely a different version of the file in the search path that HS3 uses. Likely in the HS3 root folder. mcsSprinklers install puts this version in the \bin\mcsSprinklers folder and the hspi_mcsSprinklers.exe.config file in the HS3 root indicates that this should be the probing path to find it. My observation is that this probing path is ignored if the file exists in the root path where HS3 is running. If you are not using MySQL connector for anything else you can either delete the one that is in HS3 root or copy the one in \bin\mcsSprinklers to the HS3 root location.

Originally the mcsSprinklers install put its referenced dll's in the HS3 root and this was changed later to assure different plugins could be installed that used different versions. Since the updater does not uninstall existing files on an update it could be that the original one is still present and just needs to be deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The problem is associated with "mySQL.Data, Version=6.2.3.0". There is likely a different version of the file in the search path that HS3 uses. Likely in the HS3 root folder. mcsSprinklers install puts this version in the \bin\mcsSprinklers folder and the hspi_mcsSprinklers.exe.config file in the HS3 root indicates that this should be the probing path to find it. My observation is that this probing path is ignored if the file exists in the root path where HS3 is running. If you are not using MySQL connector for anything else you can either delete the one that is in HS3 root or copy the one in \bin\mcsSprinklers to the HS3 root location.

Originally the mcsSprinklers install put its referenced dll's in the HS3 root and this was changed later to assure different plugins could be installed that used different versions. Since the updater does not uninstall existing files on an update it could be that the original one is still present and just needs to be deleted.
      Thanks.
      I thought I tried that, but it may have been the bin/ dll that I exchanged. I'll give it a try, I'm currently back on the older version, not that I need watering anytime soon

Z

Comment

Working...
      X