weatherunderground not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weatherunderground not updating

I am running HS2PRO with mcssprinklers V2.15.0.0/2.15.0.27 (Professional). Internet weather download hasn't occurred since 3/30. I can't find anything in the log where an error is occurring in the download. Everything was working fine up until 3/30

I stand corrected.

I am running version

V2.15.0.27/2.15.0.27

Comment

I do not see anything in the change log about WeatherUnderground changing format since 2015. I am away this week so cannot test myself. Could be the station no longer reports. Try another and do a check for the weather data download.

Comment

just checked WU site and all are still reporting.

Comment

I get back tomorrow evening. What station ID are you using for WU?

Comment

KTXTEMPL11

Comment

Looks like there is an issue with the computer not being able to connect to wunderground. Seems to be related to SSL. This is an old XP machine running IE8.

Comment

I installed Firefox and can now access wunderground.com

But, mcsSprinklers is still not downloading the weather station information. How does it download the information?

Comment

look in the \data\mcsSprinklers folder. I believe URL1.txt is the location and the returned data from that location is in Download1.txt. If not this one then look as similar in the folder.

Comment

yes, that data is there, but hasn't been downloaded since 4/1

Again, it appears it is a redirect to wunderground SSL site and my computer is having issues accessing SSL sites using IE8, but is fine with Firefox. I'm assuming downloaded via .net is seeing the same issue as IE8.

I'm continuing to troubleshoot the SSL issue hoping it doesn't need a complete OS rebuild.

Comment

I evaluated KTXTEMPL11 using current version of mcsSprinklers and saw no issues with it. The URL to which it made the query is
                      Code:
                      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp
                      If this is different than the URL that was used for V 2.15 of mcsSprinklers then you can get the current version from the updater.

Comment

Hi Mike,

I have Pro version v2.16.0.5/2.16.0.5 with HSP2 .Net 2. I also started having problem pulling weather info in April either using AWS-Station or WUnderground.

Comment

Do you have specific information that I can use to investigate? These services are free and things change over time as mcsSprinklers has no control of these providers.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            Do you have specific information that I can use to investigate? These services are free and things change over time as mcsSprinklers has no control of these providers.
                            Thank you for taking a look Mike. Here are some screenshot of both weather setting screen and result of test download screen, with data source set to both Weather Underground and AWS-Stations. Let me know if I should send you other log files etc.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I evaluated using your settings and did confirm that AWS is no longer reporting for either site or zip formats. I will look into it to see if free feeds are still available from this source. I had no issue with the WeatherUnderground. You can take a look at \data\mcsSprinklers and download2.txt, 3 or 4 to see if any text shows up to indicate why WU is not reporting from your PC.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X