Remote Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Site

I would like to be able to monitor the status of my workplace via my home (homeseer) so if alarm is armed/disarmed or even triggered then i want my envisalink to see it at home.

I have added it as a secondary link as documented but for the life of me cannot get it to communicate... i see it uses 4025/TCP but any other ports?

it only uses port 4025

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      it only uses port 4025
      driving me crazy nat table on router redirection 4025 to local ip at workplace over wan and it fails struggling to understand why! maybe a timing issue

ERROR Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      DEBUG Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Reciever.Run()

Comment

can you post the full debug logs

Comment

Apr-19 21:24:44 EnvisaLink INFO Connection Lost, will try to reconnect in 10 seconds
          Apr-19 21:24:44 EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Reciever.Run()
          Apr-19 21:24:44 EnvisaLink ERROR Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
          Apr-19 21:24:44 EnvisaLink INFO Reconnection OK
          Apr-19 21:24:44 EnvisaLink INFO Trying to reconnect to: *.*.*.*:4025

Comment

do you have another program connected to the EnvisaLink board?
            it only accepts one connection

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              do you have another program connected to the EnvisaLink board?
              it only accepts one connection
              that would explain it

i have a local copy of homeseer and you plugin at the workplace! thank you... now to decide which one to use!

thank you spud yet again!...

just spotted a small bug not a major one but a bug either way... if you have 2 instances running of envisalink it you struggle to get to the configuration screen for both... if you close and reopen the instance that is missing from the list it appears but the other instance vanishes

example:

envisalink > config (primary) < this is missing 90% of the time
              config (work)

close and reopen primary and

envisalink > config (primary)
              config (work) < this is missing

Comment

another important thing that I just read about regarding remote connections:

Comment

Working...
                X