www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeTroller-SEL

HomeTroller-SEL Discussions related to the HomeTroller-SEL automation controller

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 16th, 2018, 02:45 AM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
Mono update went badly

Well, that went terribly... Lol. I have Mono 5.10 running (according to mono -V, previously 3.2.8), but can't connect to the web server and can't seem to get it to run (using any command I find online). SSH is fine via Putty. Guess I'm going to be spending a few hours tomorrow reloading from scratch.


This seems to be the first critical error when running sudo mono HSConsole.exe --log:
"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies."

Then it fails to connect to the local server 127.0.0.1 (operation not allowed on non-connected sockets) 5 times. Then Wemo plugin crashes a bunch then --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Suggestions before I wipe and build from scratch? It's Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + Mono 5.10.1.20.

EDIT: Looks more like HS3 won't run (tried ./go with no error and sudo mono HSConsole.exe).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 16th, 2018, 08:43 PM
dlover dlover is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 130
Yeah, I was mostly able to get HS3 working with Mono 5.10, but there were a couple plugins that just wouldn't load. So, I backed it down to Mono 5.4.1.7 and all is well. Linux 16.04 here for me.
__________________
Hardware ==> Virtualized on Hyper-V (Windows Server 2016)
O/S ==> Ubuntu Linux (16.04.4) and Mono 5.4.1.7
Homeseer ==> HS3-Pro==> 3.0.0.425 - Controllers: 1 local Z-Net, 1 remote Z-Net (Z-wave plug-in 3.0.1.210)
369 Devices (44 Z-Wave Nodes)
Plugins: Nest, Z-Wave, HSTouch Server, weatherXML, BLLAN, Sonos, MyQ, Pushover 3P
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:02 PM
concordseer concordseer is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ireland
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnah9000 View Post
Well, that went terribly... Lol. I have Mono 5.10 running (according to mono -V, previously 3.2.8), but can't connect to the web server and can't seem to get it to run (using any command I find online). SSH is fine via Putty. Guess I'm going to be spending a few hours tomorrow reloading from scratch.


This seems to be the first critical error when running sudo mono HSConsole.exe --log:
"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies."

Then it fails to connect to the local server 127.0.0.1 (operation not allowed on non-connected sockets) 5 times. Then Wemo plugin crashes a bunch then --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Suggestions before I wipe and build from scratch? It's Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + Mono 5.10.1.20.

EDIT: Looks more like HS3 won't run (tried ./go with no error and sudo mono HSConsole.exe).
Have a look at this link. https://www.mono-project.com/downloa.../#download-lin It will tell you exactly what version you should be using for your Linux distribution. I don't think your Linux distribution version is suitable for Mono 5.10 but I could be wrong
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
I'm just gonna reinstall Ubuntu from scratch with 16.04.4 and Mono 5.0.0.1. My install is currently wrecked, not sure what happened during the update in Mono.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 17th, 2018, 10:19 AM
dlover dlover is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnah9000 View Post
I'm just gonna reinstall Ubuntu from scratch with 16.04.4 and Mono 5.0.0.1. My install is currently wrecked, not sure what happened during the update in Mono.
Just remember to export your events, then re-import them after your upgrade. Your events will NOT work anymore going from Mono 3 to Mono 5 just by copying the Homeseer directory over.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 17th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlover View Post
Just remember to export your events, then re-import them after your upgrade. Your events will NOT work anymore going from Mono 3 to Mono 5 just by copying the Homeseer directory over.
I wish I could've. I couldn't even access the web interface. I had to just copy what was left in the HomeSeer directory through BitVise and wipe the whole drive to start fresh.

It's working-ish on 16.04.4/5.0.1.1. I can get into web interface and what-not, most of my devices are still there (newer ones are missing because I couldn't do any backups). However, the biggest issue is almost none of the image files are loading in the web interface. I'm not sure what the issue is, I've tried changing their permissions all the way up to 777. I think it may have to do lighttpd because that has an error during boot and was giving me grief (I renamed the .conf file so that it wouldn't run it because it doesn't say how to configure it).

Last edited by Winnah9000; April 17th, 2018 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Eman Eman is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnah9000 View Post
I wish I could've. I couldn't even access the web interface. I had to just copy what was left in the HomeSeer directory through BitVise and wipe the whole drive to start fresh.

It's working-ish on 16.04.4/5.0.1.1. I can get into web interface and what-not, most of my devices are still there (newer ones are missing because I couldn't do any backups). However, the biggest issue is almost none of the image files are loading in the web interface. I'm not sure what the issue is, I've tried changing their permissions all the way up to 777. I think it may have to do lighttpd because that has an error during boot and was giving me grief (I renamed the .conf file so that it wouldn't run it because it doesn't say how to configure it).

If you have WEBMIN installed stop the HomeSeer service
For a simple repair try to update the system with say the version of HomeSeer you have or better.
Example : sudo tar -xvzf /home/pi/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /opt

This is for incase you have HomeSeer on PI and installed in /opt


Eman.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 17th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
If you have WEBMIN installed stop the HomeSeer service
For a simple repair try to update the system with say the version of HomeSeer you have or better.
Example : sudo tar -xvzf /home/pi/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /opt

This is for incase you have HomeSeer on PI and installed in /opt


Eman.
I have webmin, but I'm on an SEL with HomeSeer .425 installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 17th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Eman Eman is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnah9000 View Post
I have webmin, but I'm on an SEL with HomeSeer .425 installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer.
sudo tar -xvzf /home/folder name/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /usr/local

If can see where the file folder was downloaded like in the example above

Note: I renamed the file to .tgz in order to be able to extract it with that command.


Eman.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 17th, 2018, 10:39 PM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
sudo tar -xvzf /home/folder name/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /usr/local

If can see where the file folder was downloaded like in the example above

Note: I renamed the file to .tgz in order to be able to extract it with that command.


Eman.
Where can I find the HS3 .426 file? I don't remember seeing a link on the site to the actual package.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 17th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Eman Eman is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnah9000 View Post
Where can I find the HS3 .426 file? I don't remember seeing a link on the site to the actual package.
Download /copy and paste using this link : https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_425.tar.gz but change the 5 to 6 and paste in your browser. There is talk of .427 as well but read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160110 first.



Eman.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 17th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Download /copy and paste using this link : https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_425.tar.gz but change the 5 to 6 and paste in your browser. There is talk of .427 as well but read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160110 first.



Eman.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 18th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Winnah9000's Avatar
Winnah9000 Winnah9000 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Download /copy and paste using this link : https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_425.tar.gz but change the 5 to 6 and paste in your browser. There is talk of .427 as well but read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160110 first.



Eman.
Worked perfectly. Thank you Eman! Back to fully functional HomeSeer!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update SEL to latest mono Stevieboy General Home Automation Hardware Discussion 22 October 1st, 2017 12:23 PM
ZeeS2 (Mono 3) to ZeeS2V2 (Mono 4) migration experience with z-wave devices mstukel HS3-Pi Discussion 22 October 29th, 2016 06:03 PM
HomeTroller-ZeeS2 (MONO 3.x) vs. HomeTroller-ZeeS2V2 (MONO 4.x) – Z-Wave Action Issue mstukel HS3-Pi Discussion 9 October 21st, 2016 03:41 PM
.57 Linux Client under Mono no longer connecting after HSServer Update to 1.0.0.58 manaesh Clients - Linux 3 May 30th, 2012 08:51 AM
hs speach badly delayed collegeboyslive HS2 / HSPRO 9 September 20th, 2007 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC