www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Closed Thread

Old April 11th, 2018, 10:48 AM
OverSeer

ok, I am taking a step back for a sec.
I need to get the same setup as you guys to recreate.

@avpman and I currently use UPB.
@lakemirror - which ALC models do you use?
@JFree23 - you're using X10
@Pete - UPB?

Thanks
Rob

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post

@Pete - UPB?

Thanks
Rob
I also use some X10, but they're for on/off only. No X10 dimming.
Thanks!
Old April 11th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:

@Pete - UPB?

Thanks
Rob
The switches themselves? As far as I know they only make two, a dimmer and a relay. There are also some 4-button scene switches that never worked so I'm not worried about those, the PI sees them when it builds units but I have them all disabled.

The ALC units in the PI all show as X10 protocol.

Is that what you're asking?
Old April 11th, 2018, 04:42 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemirror View Post
The switches themselves? As far as I know they only make two, a dimmer and a relay. There are also some 4-button scene switches that never worked so I'm not worried about those, the PI sees them when it builds units but I have them all disabled.

The ALC units in the PI all show as X10 protocol.

Is that what you're asking?
Yeah, I'm wanting to get some hardware that closely matches yours so I can try to replicate these dimming issues. If that's the case, I think if I can get X10 dimming (and ramping) set, it should work for ALC as well.
Old April 11th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Yeah, I'm wanting to get some hardware that closely matches yours so I can try to replicate these dimming issues. If that's the case, I think if I can get X10 dimming (and ramping) set, it should work for ALC as well.
You'll need the 1- or 4-branch alc interface as well, right? These switches and other hardware got spendy some time ago when Stewart Electroncs picked up the line.
Old April 11th, 2018, 08:36 PM
OverSeer

@Rob,

Here utilize
1 - UPB via HAI UPB PIM - wall light switches
2 - X10 via Volp dual phased TW523 replicator - Christmas and other stuff.
3 - ZWave via VRCOP - replicated HS3 network
4 - Zigbee via HAI ZIM

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.4449

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT

Last edited by Pete; April 12th, 2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Seer

I have several older X10 wall switches, where the switch button only turns the light on or off, but X10 Dim and Brighten step commands from Omni via an X10 interface will dim and brighten. They have no "memory" internally. I can also control some with a small X10 plugin console. They do not respond to level commands.

I have other X10 switches which do have "memory", and one tap turns on to last set level, another tap turns off. Holding button brightens, release and hold again dims. X10 On command brings light to previous level. Dim, Brighten step commands change level. Level % commands do nothing.

I have some newer UPB switches from Simply Automated, which do response to level set commands. Not sure about dim and brighten step commands. These behave as expected with 2.8 code. Off command ramps level down to 0; not sure if that is 2.8 code or a native function of the switch, set with Upstart programming.
Old April 12th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Viewer

No Lights

I'm having issues with 3.0.2.8.
I cannot turn on any lights, but can turn them off (they ramp off).
Button are working correctly.
The log logs the button event but not the light, on or off.
My lights (units) are UPB.

Can I revert back to 3.0.2.6 or I can help troubleshoot .8

Mike
Old April 13th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Seer Deluxe

@rmasonjr - your private message box is full.
Old April 14th, 2018, 11:27 AM
OverSeer

Here tested UPB on an off and dim via Homeseer 3 variable of unit and these functions are working fine for me right now with current V3.0.2.8.
Old April 14th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Here tested UPB on an off and dim via Homeseer 3 variable of unit and these functions are working fine for me right now with current V3.0.2.8.
I'm confused. How is yours working on V8 when everyone else's is broken?
Old April 14th, 2018, 05:52 PM
OverSeer

It worked for me with V3.0.2.X but did not work with a previous version (don't recall which it was now).

I posted a picture of the variable and debug logging at the time when dimming did not work.

The only way for me to check here is to test the lighting in my face...next to the UPB switch and looking at the lamp in question. I see the lamp going on or off or dim easy this way. That an talk to other UPB PIMs with the same commands from Homeseer or Smarthings and....

Thinking maybe too with the updates sometimes shut off the plugin and delete all of the created variables and enable the plugin and cherry pick what I want to use. (running the Omni plugin on two Homeseer 3 boxes here).

Here is a pictorial view. Light level really isn't showing in the two lamp pictures. Lamp pictures are of the lamp on and lamp dimmed to 45%.
Here tinkering with the Samsung hub and see the status change fine via my tablet and via an Upstart / PCA live connection.
Well that an have the Alexa in the vicinity talking to the Samsung Hub and Alexa commands work fine to the UPB switch.

Name:  upb-2.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  90.2 KB

Thinking now there should be a sub topic here listing the version and fixes to each version for informational news but not to write to so we all know what is different or fixed with each version. Personally starting to lose track of the changes or updates done with each new version.

Last edited by Pete; April 14th, 2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old April 14th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVTECH View Post
I'm having issues with 3.0.2.8.
I cannot turn on any lights, but can turn them off (they ramp off).
Button are working correctly.
The log logs the button event but not the light, on or off.
My lights (units) are UPB.

Can I revert back to 3.0.2.6 or I can help troubleshoot .8

Mike
I am having the same issues
update: I can go into the device config disable and reenable and the unit works, however i have to set room and floor settings back and my units are UPB as well.

Last edited by drmcp; April 14th, 2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: updated
Old April 15th, 2018, 01:05 AM
OverSeer

Just a guess here...

1 - disable any events using the Omni Plugin
2 - Enable all of your units via the config tab.
3 - let the Omni Plugin create a variable for every unit.
4 - Disable the plugin.
5 - Delete all of your Homeseer unit variables.
6 - Enable the Omni plugin
7 - Enable whatever units you want
8 - let the plugin create new UPB unit variables
9 - test the variables on the Homeseer web page.
10 - revisit and validate your Omni centric events.
Old April 15th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Confirmed that upon upgrade today, I too have lost all dim functions on the UPB stuff.

-Travis
Old April 15th, 2018, 05:42 PM
OverSeer

Must be some sticky device configuration leftover thing.
Old April 15th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Seer Deluxe

Maybe, I’m not willing to rework all my devices and events though so I will have to wait!

-Travis
Old April 15th, 2018, 09:56 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Must be some sticky device configuration leftover thing.
Maybe so. I can only report that my USB switches (4 Simply Automated units) seem to work fine, they go to whatever level I want with GUI slider, or on or off. These devices were built with 2.5 code, I am running 2.8 now, no problem with them. X10's only turn on/off.

I wonder if some USB switches also only respond to some "standard" commands, not others, or respond in different way. I suspect that is the case with different vendor and different era X10 switches. There is also an "extended" X10 command set which some (few?) manufacturers adopted, and it is an option in the omni settings for House Code. Mine are all set to Standard, but I have no idea of the difference.
Old April 16th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfree23 View Post
Maybe so. I can only report that my USB switches (4 Simply Automated units) seem to work fine, they go to whatever level I want with GUI slider, or on or off. These devices were built with 2.5 code, I am running 2.8 now, no problem with them. X10's only turn on/off.

I wonder if some USB switches also only respond to some "standard" commands, not others, or respond in different way. I suspect that is the case with different vendor and different era X10 switches. There is also an "extended" X10 command set which some (few?) manufacturers adopted, and it is an option in the omni settings for House Code. Mine are all set to Standard, but I have no idea of the difference.
FWIW the majority of my UPB switches are PCS brand. I have a few "Simply Automated" units but I didn't notice the problem split between brands. Doesn't mean that I missed something though. Anyway I have those brands on-hand if any testing is needed.

Last edited by avpman; April 16th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:05 AM
OverSeer

Omni Plugin X10 command testing.

Testing X10 this morning. Note here typically only utilize X10 switches for Christmas holiday lighting.

1 - Went to PCA and configured a test X10 Lamp module A7.

Name:  testA7.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  3.5 KB

2 - went to HS3 plugins manager and disabled Omni Plugin and re-enabled plugin.

Name:  omnioffon-1.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  14.6 KB

3 - Went to Omni plugin manager/Units Tab / enabled TestA7 / unit protocal X10 and checked to make sure it created an Omni Unit TestA7

4 - Went looking for an X10 Lamp module and set it to A7. Went looking for a small lamp to connect to the X10 lamp module such that I can see it.

5 - Initial testing here is on HS3 Lite computer which is plugged in to a CM11A and looking at debug logs. On and Off and Dim work.

CM11A==> Test Lamp module set to A7==> ON ==> lamp went on

Apr-16 9:36:07 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x65
Apr-16 9:36:08 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.535 seconds for CM11a to send.

CM11A==> Test Lamp module set to A7==> OFF - lamp went off

Apr-16 9:37:39 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x65
Apr-16 9:37:40 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Success! -0.029 seconds for CM11a to send.

CM11A==> Test Lamp module set to A7==> Brightness to 57% lamp went to 61%

Apr-16 9:40:31 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x65
Apr-16 9:40:33 AM X10 WARNING 1.946 seconds for CM11A to send data. Possible noise or interference on power line.

6 - Went to PCA to configure A7 and changed format from standard to extended * Note here it was always set to standard and changed it today to extended.

7 - Went to OmniTouch 5.7e screen and reset it to get new configuration.

OmniPro2==> Volp dual phase TW-523 ==> set A7 to

on and off works.
Dim1, Brighten1 just turns lamp on - but if I change PCA / status /A7 to Dim4 then lamp dims and OmniTouch shows status at dim4
25%,50%,75%, 100% do not work for me.

8 - Went to PCA status / control / TestX7 module

Name:  pca1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  18.0 KB

On and Off work
Toggle works
brighten doesn't work for me
dim works for me *
light level doesn't work for me
ramp doesn't work for me

9 - Went back to HS3, disabled plugin, removed testXA7 variable, enabled plugin and it created a new testA7 variable.

On and Off work fine. Dim does not work. Note too here that only the PCA dim command works for me.

debug Omni Plugin ON shows:

4/16/2018 10:40:57 AM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[7] name=[TestA7]]
4/16/2018 10:40:57 AM [2] [---->Unit]

debug Omni Plugin OFF shows:

4/16/2018 10:42:48 AM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[7] name=[TestA7]]
4/16/2018 10:42:48 AM [2] [---->Unit]

debug Omni Plugin DIM to 42% shows no debug entries.

So personally here it appears that only the PCA dim command works for me. The Omnitouch 5.7e control unit device on and off work but dim / brighten or percentages do not work.

Here only utilize X10 for Christmas lighting and only turn on or off the lighting. Been fine for many years this way.

So at this time with current version of Plugin relating to X10 only on and off work for me. Dimming does not.

Testing HS3 CM11A with X10 plugin all works fine.

Testing HS3 with TW523 and Ocelot plugin all works fine.

Testing OmniPro 2 with TW523 / dual phased X10 Volp module only works with on, off or dim for me.

For testing here changed PCA X10 format to extended (after testing standard first) and used an X10 Powerhouse Lamp module model number: LM465

Historically have seen one bug in the firmware where Leviton wrote over old stuff with new stuff.

- Omnitouch 5.7 video pop up function was disabled with new firmware until I opened up a ticket with Leviton and they validated issue and fixed it but never wrote back to me closing ticket or acknowledging firmware update.

What I am writing about here is that the only command that will work is the dim command 1-9 where as the higher number like 8 is dim and 1 is bright.

Sort of backwards. Nothing else works for me (so I assume that it is a bug with the firmware - best to test yourself with PCA).

The Omni Plugin / X10 on and off work and dim do not work. BUT there are no dim commands being sent from the plugin from what I can tell here.

Did another test here using the Model RW724 (3 channel dimming) controller talking to the CM11A here and on, off and dimming working fine with it.

Last edited by Pete; April 16th, 2018 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread