Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage door lock, 10 seconds delay before actions

Hi,

I have a SmartStick+ and only 1 Z-Wave device. It's a Schlage Camelot door lock.

When I clicked Unlock or Lock from the HS Web interface, it always take 10 seconds for the action to happen.

Is it normal Z-Wave behaviour?

No idea, but I cannot even get mine to lock or unlock at this point.

Comment

Try doing a full optimization on the root of the lock if that doesn't work try unpairing and repair it. It took me a couple tries before things works the way it should. Ensuring that your zwave receiver isn't too far away from the lock also helps.

I just tested mine by issuing a Google Home and it lock/unlock even before the GH finish announcing it. Pretty instant IMO

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
        Try doing a full optimization on the root of the lock if that doesn't work try unpairing and repair it. It took me a couple tries before things works the way it should. Ensuring that your zwave receiver isn't too far away from the lock also helps.

I just tested mine by issuing a Google Home and it lock/unlock even before the GH finish announcing it. Pretty instant IMO
        Thank you for the feedback. I abandoned to control my lock from HS. There was always some security error messages when pairing. It would work, but would take 10 seconds to activate. Also, battery would only last a week.

When pairing, I had to remove the lock from the door and place it just beside the z-wave dongle...

It was working perfect for at least a year. And then, I had to replace the Z-Wave dongle and since, always had issues.

Comment

That's a bummer, don't give up yet. I was discourage at first too but I'm quite happy with my Shclage lock now. Schlange + HS experience is much better than when I used it with Vera.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
            That's a bummer, don't give up yet. I was discourage at first too but I'm quite happy with my Shclage lock now. Schlange + HS experience is much better than when I used it with Vera.
            It's winter here. I don't want to remove the lock from the door for now. Will try again later.

Comment

Working...
            X